Jama Connect Integration with Jira
Successful product development relies on seamless communication flow, team collaboration and transparency to avoid rework, miscommunication or missed deadlines. Empower agile teams to use best-of-breed tools and manage complexity, traceability, requirements and progress tracking by integrating Jama Connect with Jira.
Leverage the power of integration between Jama Connect and Jira to manage upstream definition, requirements, tasks, issues/bugs automatically between teams. Maintain consistency and alignment throughout the development process by making cross-functional data available to users of Jama Connect and Jira in their preferred systems with full context.
Jama Connect: From 8.22 and above
Jira: Cloud, On-Premise: 4.x (except 4.4), from 5.x.x to 8.17.x
Accelerate Application Delivery Lifecycle with Better Collaboration and Transparency
Integrating Jama Connect with Jira helps product management teams get complete visibility into the development and quality progress, and development teams with access to the latest customer requirements and changes/enhancements made to the requirements.
- Visibility into estimated and actual development efforts
- Comprehensive requirements traceability across test management tools into features, tasks, sub-tasks associated with the requirement
- Full context of the business requirements real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Improved collaboration and transparency on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates
- Full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
Jama Connect Integration with Jira Use Case
OpsHub Integration Manager helps integrate Jama Connect and Jira bidirectionally. Users can access cross-functional data, both historical and real-time in their preferred system with full context. All requirements from Jama Connect sync automatically to Jira and all the entities and details associated with the requirement sync back into Jama.
The Product Manager logs a ‘story’ in an existing ‘epic’ in Jama
The Product Manager then re-prioritizes the existing stories within that ‘epic’ in Jama Connect
The new ‘story’ synchronizes to Jira along with the defined priority
The Stories are updated according to the updates made in Jama and vice-versa
The development team starts working on the story marked as ‘Critical’ in Jira. They change the status of the story to ‘In Progress’ when they start work
The status of the ‘story’ changes to ‘In Progress’ in Jama Connect as well – the Product Manager is notified that the development work on the critical story has started
Jama Connect Integration with Jira using OpsHub Integration Manager
- Bi-directional synchronization of data between Jama Connect and Jira enables transparency, collaboration and visibility within teams and tools
- Jama Connect users gain full visibility into development lifecycle and quality issues to make informed decisions
- Jira users get full context of the business requirements, real-time updates and delivery timelines
- Reduces manual dependencies and efforts required to update team members cross functionally on changing customer priorities or development status
- Eliminates manual process of data transfer and improves data currency and accuracy
OpsHub Integration Manager support for Jama Connect enables better team coordination and full traceability of requirements across the product delivery life cycle. Enhance traceability, visibility, and collaboration across your organization by keeping the teams updated about their requirements, test plans and issue tracking throughout the project life cycle.
Why OpsHub Integration Manager?
- Guaranteed data consistency
- Full traceability of requirements
- History preservation in the integrated systems
- Robust failure recovery capabilities
- Built-in conflict resolution between source and target
- Deployment flexibility (On-premise or Cloud)