This, in turn, helps in delivering a high quality product to customers at a faster pace.
JIRA Micro Focus ALM/QC Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as JIRA and Micro Focus ALM/QC bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating JIRA and Micro Focus ALM/QC, enterprises can seamlessly manage the product development. The developers using JIRA will have clear visibility into the quality parameters and test results at all times. On the other hand, the QA team members will have real-time visibility into the codes being written and have full context of the development.
How JIRA – Micro Focus ALM/QC integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Access to QA plans and defects in real time
- Real-time updates on the status of a story, its estimated time of delivery, and any risks that might delay the impending release
- Complete context of the customer requirement and visibility into codes written by the development team & test cases written by QA team
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
With JIRA + Micro Focus ALM/QC integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates JIRA and Micro Focus ALM/QC
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates JIRA and Micro Focus ALM/QC bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘stories’ from JIRA synchronize to Micro Focus ALM/QC along with the scheduled dates and all ‘defects’ found on the story during test in Micro Focus ALM/QC synchronize to JIRA. The development and QC teams are updated on the completion of the story and the status of test results in real time.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: JIRA integration with Micro Focus ALM/QC
Problem statement: The development team creates versions, sprints, and requirements in JIRA – which is the development system and replicate the same in Micro Focus ALM/QC – which is used by the QA team. The defects are created in Micro Focus ALM/QC and then replicated in JIRA. Manual replication of data takes a lot of time and effort.
Solution: When JIRA and Micro Focus ALM/QC are integrated, there will not be any duplication of efforts and the data between both the systems will synchronize in real time.
- The development team creates a ‘version’ in JIRA with basic attributes such as name, description, start date and end date. It synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM/QC as a ‘requirement’.
- The development team, then, creates ‘sprint’ in JIRA with basic attributes, which synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM/QC as a ‘cycle’.
- The development team then creates ‘requirements’ in the already created version and sprint in JIRA. The ‘requirements’ sync to Micro Focus ALM/QC with traceability of cycle and release.
- The developer then works on the requirement and updates the status of the ‘requirement’ to ‘closed’ in JIRA, which again synchronizes to status of the ‘requirement’ in Micro Focus ALM/QC.
- The QA team, then runs a quality test and finds a ‘defect’. They log the defect in Micro Focus ALM/QC, which synchronizes to JIRA.
Benefits of integration for JIRA and Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- No duplication of efforts for entering the same data in multiple systems
- Clear visibility into quality parameters and test results in real time
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- Real-time updates on the story and associated changes/enhancements
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM/QC
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on the QA cycle and reports