Cadence vManager Integration with Jama Connect
Enable traceability, transparency, and collaboration within the verification environment. Adopt a more agile and verifiable process of ensuring your teams collaborate on the most recent versions of requirements. Discard unclear methods of mapping data records such as spreadsheet dumps, manual API scripting, emails, or other unreliable means of extracting data.
Cadence vManager : 20.06 and above
Jama Connect : Cloud/Self-Hosted : From 8.22 and above
Verification with Enhanced Traceability and Planning
Empowers verification engineers in Cadence vManager to sync requirements from Jama Connect in real-time automatically. Speed up System on Chip (SoC) level functional verification flow by reducing manual traceability, resulting in faster tape out and efficient manufacturing.
- Improves collaboration between verification teams and business teams to resolve communication issues with complete transparency
- Maintain bidirectional sync to update changes and results from vManager to Jama Connect and vice versa
- Enables real-time exchange of information, such as verification of goals, requirements, implementation of verification and change requests.
- Decreases effort leakage by avoiding stale requirement records
Cadence vManager Integration with Jama Connect Use Case
When Cadence vManager and Jama Connect are integrated using OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM), the coordination between the product management and verification teams will be seamless. With OIM synchronization, all the manual updates are automated to reflect changes of one system into another.
Integrate Cadence vManager Sections and Metrics Ports with Requirements and Test Cases associated with those requirements in Jama Connect:
The product developer creates Requirements in Jama Connect with a well-defined hierarchy and Test Case associated with the created Requirement.
OpsHub synchronizes Requirements in the Cadence vManager as Sections and Test Case as a Metrics Port by preserving the same hierarchy.
The verification team (Cadence vManager team) will run the regression with the Test Suite per vPlan.
Grade Results are rolled up and preserved in the vManager database (using vPlan script).
- Grade Attributes include Test Execution Status, % covered, #Passed, Overall Average Grade, #Failed, Functional Formal Average Grade, Formal Grand Total, State Total Weights etc.
OIM will synchronize the results of this verification/analysis [i.e., Grade Attributes] to Jama Connect’s Verification Requirements and Test Cases so that the developer team can see the QA results in Jama Connect.
Cadence vManager Integration with Jama Connect Using OpsHub Integration Manager
- Cadence vManager integrates with Jama Connect bidirectionally
- The synchronization ensures all current data is available to users in real-time in their preferred environment with full context
- All work items from Cadence vManager sync automatically to Jama Connect, and all requirement entities and details synchronize back to Cadence vManager from Jama Connect
- All the information you need in real-time is in your preferred tool. No manual dependencies or human error
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) bridges the information gap in semiconductor testing and verification. OIM replaces the need for manual mapping of requirements with automated sync of data between verification and requirements teams. Attain better collaboration and reduce manufacturing delays and compliance risks by integrating changes in real-time from Cadence vManager to Jama Connect or Jama Connect to Cadence vManager. No more manual dependencies or communication challenges.
Why OpsHub Integration Manager?
- Guaranteed data consistency
- Full traceability of requirements
- History preservation in the integrated systems
- Robust failure recovery capabilities
- Built-in conflict resolution between source and target
- Deployment flexibility (On-premise or Cloud)