The integration of Jama with qTest Manager brings the business and product development, quality teams together to accelerate product development and efficiently scale agile practices.
Jama qTest Manager Integration Overview
Best-of-breed systems such as Jama and qTest Manager bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Jama with qTest Manager, enterprises can keep the business, development, and quality teams focused on customer priorities, quality of the deliverable, and also, accelerate the product development cycle.
How Jama – qTest integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Enhance collaboration between business and backend teams
- Freedom to leverage the best tool for a process
- Access to QA plans and defects in real time
- Real-time insights into the test plans, test processes, test cases, and test results
- Complete context of the customer requirement and priorities
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and qTest Manager
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and qTest Manager in a bidirectional manner. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The requirement management team using Jama can collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA) team using qTest Manager in real time over test plans and get continuous insight into the progress and quality of development work. On the other hand, the QA team can have complete perspective into the customer requirements and real-time insight into changes in priorities or updates to the requirements.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Jama integration with qTest Manager
Problem statement: The product management team has no visibility into the backend work. They have to manually coordinate with the backend team to update them on any changes/updates coming from the customer on a given requirement.
Solution: When product management team and backend team are connected using OpsHub Integration Manager, they can seamlessly coordinate over the requirements in real time.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘business requirement’ in Jama. The requirement synchronizes to qTest Manager.
- The QA team, using qTest Manager, makes a test plan & also writes test cases against the corresponding requirement, which synchronize to Jama.
- The Product Manager also adds a test case, based on a customer-provided scenario, to the same requirement in Jama. This test case also synchronizes to qTest Manager.
- The Product Manager, then, also updates to the requirement based on some new information provided by the customer. These updates also immediately synchronize to the requirement in qTest Manager.
Benefits of integration for Jama and qTest Manager users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the development and QA lifecycle
- Clear visibility into quality parameters and test results from Jama itself in real-time
- No manual efforts needed to keep QA team abreast with the updates in customer priorities or business goals
qTest Manager users
- Access to the business requirements within qTest Manager, and real-time update for any changes, enhancements
- Complete view into the business goals, logics, and targets
- No manual efforts needed to keep Project Management team updated on test results, test plans, etc.