Jama Windchill RV&S Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Jama and Windchill RV&S bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Jama with Windchill RV&S, enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between product and development teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Jama – Windchill RV&S integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, product backlogs, tasks associated with the requirement
- Track the estimated and actual development efforts
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With Jama + Windchill RV&S integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and Windchill RV&S
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and Windchill RV&S bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Jama automatically synchronize to Windchill RV&S and all the entities and details associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Windchill RV&S.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Jama integration with Windchill RV&S
Problem statement: If the requirement management system and ALM system are not integrated, the communication between product management team and backend team will happen manually – which can be error prone and time consuming.
Solution: If Jama and Windchill RV&S are integrated, then the backend team and product management team will always be in sync about the progress of a deliverable. They will also have visibility into each other tasks from their native systems.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘requirement’ in Jama with basic details – “Description with inline image”.
- The requirement synchronizes to Windchill RV&S as ‘requirement with inline image’.
- The developer has some queries regarding the ‘requirement’ so he/she updates the queries in comments and adds the associated attachments in Windchill RV&S.
- The updated ‘requirement’ synchronizes to Jama. The Product Manager responds to the queries.
- The developer, them, creates a ‘test case’ in Windchill RV&S and links it to the corresponding requirement. The ‘test case’ synchronizes to Jama.
- The developer then starts work on the ‘requirement’, completes it, and runs a test case against it. Whether the test case passes or fails, the developer changes the status of ‘test case’ and ‘requirement’. The status of both entities synchronizes to Jama.
Benefits of integration for Jama and Windchill RV&S users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
Windchill RV&S users
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within Windchill RV&S
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development