The integration of Jama with PTC Integrity makes it easier for the the business and product development teams to coordinate with each other. This, in turn, helps accelerate delivery cycles and efficiently scale agile practices.
Jama PTC Integrity Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Jama and PTC Integrity bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Jama with PTC Integrity, enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between product and development teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Jama – PTC Integrity integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, product backlogs, tasks associated with the requirement
- Track the estimated and actual development efforts
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With Jama + PTC Integrity integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and PTC Integrity
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and PTC Integrity bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Jama automatically synchronize to PTC Integrity and all the entities and details associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to PTC Integrity.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Jama integration with PTC Integrity
Problem statement: If the requirement management system and ALM system are not integrated, the communication between product management team and backend team will happen manually – which can be error prone and time consuming.
Solution: If Jama and PTC Integrity are integrated, then the backend team and product management team will always be in sync about the progress of a deliverable. They will also have visibility into each other tasks from their native systems.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘requirement’ in Jama with basic details – “Description with inline image”.
- The requirement synchronizes to PTC Integrity as ‘requirement with inline image’.
- The developer has some queries regarding the ‘requirement’ so he/she updates the queries in comments and adds the associated attachments in PTC Integrity.
- The updated ‘requirement’ synchronizes to Jama. The Product Manager responds to the queries.
- The developer, them, creates a ‘test case’ in PTC Integrity and links it to the corresponding requirement. The ‘test case’ synchronizes to Jama.
- The developer then starts work on the ‘requirement’, completes it, and runs a test case against it. Whether the test case passes or fails, the developer changes the status of ‘test case’ and ‘requirement’. The status of both entities synchronizes to Jama.
Benefits of integration for Jama and PTC Integrity users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
PTC Integrity users
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within PTC Integrity
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development