Aras – Jira Software Integration Overview
The choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a role in delivering quality products. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating Aras and Jira, enterprises can overcome the collaboration barriers that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Aras – Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Increased collaboration between product management team and backend team
- Real-time exchange of information (for example, status updates for parts, requirements, and ECRs) between product management as well as backend team
- One source of truth for every part and requirement
- Real-time visibility into BOM hierarchy and requirements hierarchy to both teams
- Product team is enabled to provide inputs for critical test cases to be tested for requirements or ECR
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Aras and Jira
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Aras and Jira bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time.
All requirements from Aras automatically synchronize to Jira and all the entities and details associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Aras.
Popularly synchronized entities
Benefits of integration for Aras and Jira users
- Real-time visibility into ECR status, requirement status, test plans, test cases, and actual cost of production
- Enables users to raise early alarms if estimated cost by backend team is higher than targeted cost
- Save duplication of efforts by maintaining just one copy in Aras and updating everyone connected inecosystem whenever any change happens
- Provides complete context of a given requirement therefore, enabling more thoughtful development
- Real-time updates for any changes to the requirements or delivery timelines
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management team updated on the development status