IBM DOORS Integration with Jira
The integration of IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and DOORS Next Generation) with Jira ensures complete visibility into how each requirement is progressing through the application development lifecycle.
With this integration, the Product Management team can track the development of each requirement and the development team can have real-time access to any updates/changes made to a scheduled requirement.
Schedule a free 30-minute live demo with our integration experts
IBM DOORS – Jira Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements. Best-of-breed systems such as IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and DOORS Next Generation) and Jira bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. With the integration of IBM DOORS and Jira, there will be real-time visibility into business requirements and products development for both the Development and Product Management teams.
How IBM DOORS – Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track the estimated and actual development effort.
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, tasks, sub-tasks associated with the requirement
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With IBM DOORS + Jira integration, enterprises can:
- Make better and faster decisions
- Reduce time-to-time market
- Ensure complete traceability of a ‘requirement’
- Ensure quality delivery in stipulated time
- Leverage the best of functionality and collaboration in the delivery ecosystem
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates IBM DOORS and Jira
OpsHub Integration Manager provides bi-directional integration between IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and DOORS Next Generation) and Jira. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from IBM DOORS automatically synchronize to Jira and all the details associated with the‘requirement’ synchronize back to IBM DOORS. IBM DOORS and Jira integration also helps Product team in development schedule and effort estimation.
Steps to Integrate IBM DOORS and Jira
- Step 1: Configure IBM DOORS and Jira systems.
- Step 2: Configure the mapping.
- Step 2.1: Select the project and the Entities for mapping.
- Step 2.2: Map the fields of the selected entities.
- Step 3: Configure the integration.
- Step 4: Activate the integration.
Popularly synchronized entities
Benefits of integration for IBM DOORS and Jira users
IBM DOORS users
- Traceability for requirements throughout the Application Lifecycle
- Visibility into the progress of development work: status and effort details
- Reduced dependency on manual communication for business decision making
- Access to the business requirements within Jira and real-time updates for any changes, enhancements
- Complete view into the business goals and targets
- Automatic synchronization of requirement status to IBM DOORS saves time for Jira users
Get started with your IBM DOORS – Jira Integration today