Clarity – Jira Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to make better decisions, faster decisions.
By integrating Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) with Jira, enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between product management and development teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Clarity – Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Get complete context of the customer requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Complete visibility into effort estimated and actual effort spent and the progress of development work
- Trace the feature breakdown and associated user stories
With Clarity + Jira integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Clarity and Jira
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) and Jira bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tasks’ from Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) synchronize to Jira as ‘features’. The features are further broken down as ‘user stories’. Along with the user stories, the estimated effort hours and other details populated by the development team also synchronizes to Clarity PPM. This gives product management team a real-time visibility into the development work and therefore, they can plan the iterations better.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Clarity with Jira
Problem statement: The Product Management team doesn’t have direct visibility into how the development team breaks down the project, estimated effort, and completion time.
Solution: If Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) and Jira are integrated, the project management team will have real-time visibility into how the development work is proceeding.
- Product Manager creates a new task in Clarity based on the conversation with a customer.
- The task synchronizes to Jira as a ‘feature’.
- The development team, using Jira, breaks down the features into stories.
- The development also assigns estimated effort hours to complete the feature.
- The estimated effort hours synchronize to Clarity against the assigned task.
- As and when the development team progresses through the development and uses the estimated budget, the Product Manager using Clarity PPM is aware whether or not the project is on track.
Benefits of integration for Clarity and Jira
- Traceability for features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
- Access to the features and associated updates from within Jira
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status