Cadence vManager Integration with Jira
Enable cross-functional traceability and comprehensive functional verification by minimizing manual intervention and errors. Help teams using Cadence vManager and Jira sync the latest changes in requirements and verification outcomes in their systems. Improve collaboration, quality assurance and management of System on Chip (SoC) verification by enabling bidirectional integration between Cadence vManager and Jira.
Cadence vManager : 20.06 and above
Jira : Cloud On Premise: (Server and Data Center):4.x (except 4.4), From 5.x.x to 8.22.x
Verification with Enhanced Traceability and Planning
Integrating Cadence vManager with Jira enables automated, bidirectional synchronization of stories and bugs in Jira Software with Cadence vManager. In turn, defects found during testing are synchronized back into Jira, providing both development and verification teams with status updates in real-time.
- Allows users of Jira and Cadence vManager to access all Requirements, Test Cases, Metric Ports, Defects, and QA plans
- Maintains bidirectional sync to update changes and results from Cadence vManager to Jira and vice versa in real-time
- Enables business teams to take product and design decisions based on verification outcomes synced from Cadence vManager
- Facilitates real-time traceability with change management linked to requirements
- No manual efforts needed to extract information such as the most recent Requirements, Metric Ports, Grade Attributes, etc
Cadence vManager and Jira Integration Use Case
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) improves the collaboration between product management/quality assurance and verification teams by connecting Cadence vManager with Jira. OIM’s bidirectional synchronization helps to update all changes from one system to another without manual intervention.
Integrate Cadence vManager Sections and Metrics Ports with all entities and details associated with User Stories in Jira:
Requirements sync from Jira to Cadence vManager as Sections
Verification user writes tests in Cadence vManager and associates Metric Port to Sections. The Metric Port syncs to Jira as Tests and gets linked to Requirement
Verification user runs Verification analysis and computes Grade Results for that session
Using vPlan script, Grade Attributes are preserved in vPlan database for Metric Ports and are synced back to Jira Tests
Grade Results are rolled up and are preserved in Cadence vManager database (using vPlan script)
- Grade Attributes include entities like Test Execution Status, % covered, #Passed, Overall Average Grade, #Failed, Functional Formal Average Grade, Formal Grand Total, State Total Weights etc.
OpsHub syncs back rolled up Grade Attributes from Section to Jira Requirement.
Cadence vManager Integration with Jira Using OpsHub Integration Manager
- Bidirectional integration between Cadence vManager and Jira
- The synchronization ensures all current data is available to Jira and vManager users in real- time in their chosen system with full context
- All work items from Cadence vManager sync with Jira and all Jira entities and details synchronize back into vManager from Jira
- Users can access real-time information in their own environment. The bidirectional integration maintains functional richness of each system and eliminates the need for manual transfers and external scripting.
- OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) enables Cadence vManager to synchronize defect and requirements and QA data with Jira. Users can eliminate subjectivity associated with complex and diverse sets of verification, requirements, and defect data.
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) bridges the information gap in semiconductor testing and verification. OIM replaces the need for manual mapping of requirements with automated sync of data between verification teams and requirements teams. Achieve better collaboration, reduce manufacturing delays and compliance risks by integrating changes in real-time from Cadence vManager to Jira or Jira to Cadence vManager.
Why OpsHub Integration Manager?
- Guaranteed data consistency
- Full traceability of requirements
- History preservation in the integrated systems
- Robust failure recovery capabilities
- Built-in conflict resolution between source and target
- Deployment flexibility (On-premise or Cloud)