OpsHub Azure DevOps Migrator
Migrate Between Azure DevOps Tools with OpsHub Azure DevOps Migrator (OADOM)
Migrations are disruptive and complicated. Ensure a complete data migration with full context between Azure DevOps Server (Formerly known as TFS) and Azure DevOps Services (Formerly known as VSTS) using OADOM, with zero downtime.
OADOM can be used to migrate between Azure DevOps Server and Azure DevOps Services, as well as to consolidate multiple instances of Azure DevOps Server (or Azure DevOps Services) into one.
Leave your migration challenges to us. With OADOM, seamlessly migrate projects between different supported versions of Azure DevOps Server (TFS) and Azure DevOps (VSTS) without any downtime, including:
- All Version Control information and history.
- All work items and history.
- All test cases and test results.
- Supports the 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019, and 2020 versions of Azure DevOps Server.
- Supports all versions of Azure DevOps Services.
Azure DevOps Server to Azure DevOps Services
Azure DevOps Services to Azure DevOps Server
Azure DevOps Services to Azure DevOps Services
Azure DevOps Server to Azure DevOps Server
OADOM ensures that teams continue to work in the source tool without any disruption while the migration is in process. Once the migration is complete and the teams are ready to transition to the target system, they can switch to the target system.
Full Fidelity Migration
OADOM migrates historical information for work items, Version Control Change Sets, Test Cases, Test Results, attachments and all the linkages between the work-items and change sets. OADOM also migrates the original date and time with original changeset id.
Failure Management & Recovery
OADOM retries failure and automatically recovers the migration from the last sync date. There is no human intervention needed to ensure that the right data is migrated, and nothing is missed.
Factory Approach to Migration
Irrespective of the number of projects to migrate, the set up to migrate the projects remain the same. Just add projects to migrate to the list of projects and it will be migrated.
Transform Data during Migration
OADOM supports merging/splitting of projects during migration as well as changing the template in source tool to a different template in the target tool.
Preserve Cross Project Linkages
Conduct a risk-free and systemic migration for Version Control in an agile environment. Retain entire work-item revisions and version control change-sets.
How OpsHub Azure DevOps Migrator Works
Achieve a seamless migration with full data context and zero downtime in 5 simple steps only with OADOM
The first step to create a migration is to select the Source endpoint and the Target endpoint
- Work items data
- Version Control data
Ensure that the project you select is present in the target and that the process templates of the projects on both sides (Source and Target) are same.
- All the users from the source endpoint are required to be mapped with target, Azure DevOps Server/ Azure DevOps users.
- The users having the same email address in both the endpoints will be automatically mapped, followed by the same display name. (Although users can edit that if you want).
- Users can map remaining users manually.
Once the user mapping is completed, the utility validates the data provided for both endpoints. After the successful validation process, the migration configuration process will start.
For detailed information about how OADOM enables the 5-step migration, refer here.
OpsHub Azure DevOps Migrator(OADOM)
Risk-Free, Seamless Azure DevOps Migrations
Migrations are difficult – not anymore! We have helped world-class organizations achieve enterprise-level integration over the years. We ensure to beat the risk element in migrations and make large-scale migrations effortless with zero downtime and zero data loss for the organizations. Time is critical, and so is your data, and we strive to save both and make you realize that data migrations can be easier.
- Enable one-to-one user mapping as well as many-to-one user mapping
- Run the same migration configuration multiple times
- Migrate large projects with ease
- Migrate revisions, change-sets with source history, and multiple projects in a single configuration
- Enable metadata migration (Areas, iteration, user permissions, groups, and teams)
- Enable selective project migration
What’s More! With OpsHub Azure DevOps Migrator:
- Enable migration between two isolated servers.
- Migrate a project with customized process template to an inherited process template-based project.
- Migrate a single project from Azure DevOps Server to an existing organization.
- Migrate data between different Azure DevOps (VSTS) instances.
- Consolidate all TFS instances at one Azure DevOps instance or one place.
Frequently Asked Questions
OADOM enables seamless migration from Azure DevOps Server (TFS) to Azure DevOps supporting all versions of Azure DevOps (VSTS) and 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2019, and 2020 versions of Azure DevOps Server (TFS). For example, if you want to migrate from Azure DevOps Server 2019 to Azure DevOps Services, you can do so easily using OADOM. You need to click on New Migration and enter the Azure DevOps server parameter as the source endpoint while Azure DevOps service parameter as the target endpoint.
You can choose the data you wish to migrate from multiple options such as work items, version control with labels, area and iteration, query, dashboard and widgets available for you to sync, choose as per your requirement. You are allowed to select multiple projects or single projects as per your requirement. To map, you can select users from source and target endpoints to impersonate users at the relevant fields. OADOM also maps users automatically where the display name is the same between two systems. Additionally, you can carry out bulk-mapping of users by using the import/export feature. Once the tool will validate and configure the systems, you can migrate successfully.
It is important to note that you can migrate from Azure DevOps Server to Azure DevOps Server/Service or any combination of the two instances. You do not need to upgrade your existing Azure DevOps Server and can directly migrate from existing version whether it is 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 to Azure DevOps Services.
To successfully migrate between Azure DevOps Server and Azure DevOps, there are several project-level, entity-level and user-mapping prerequisites that need to be followed. For instance,
- OpsHub Azure DevOps Migrator does not create projects in the target system (TFS /Azure DevOps). It simply migrates the data between two similar projects from source system to target system. User must create project(s) manually in the target system. Project(s) need to be created with the exact name as in the source system, including space, numerical, and special characters.
- When migrating the project with Changeset, the endpoint user should have the Basic level access and not the stakeholder. If the endpoint user does not have the correct access, the user will receive the error, “<
> is using Git Version Control'”.
- If user needs to migrate the data associated with customization, then the user must create the same customization (Entity or Field or Value) manually in the target project before starting the migration process.
For detailed information on the prerequisites needed to migrate from Azure DevOps Server (TFS) to Azure DevOps (VSTS) using OADOM, refer here.
The Azure DevOps Services (VSTS) is not replacing Azure DevOps Server (TFS). However, the Cloud offering, Azure DevOps Services (VSTS) offers additional benefits as compared to its On–premise version, Azure DevOps Server (TFS). You can read this article for more information.
With OADOM, it is possible to consolidate multiple instances of Azure DevOps into one with zero downtime. It provides rich data migration, including history, attachments, inline images, user mentions, etc., for a wide variety of data sets, including source code, test assets, work items, area, iteration, etc. For further information and assistance, contact our migration experts.
I want to copy Azure DevOps projects from one organisation to another organisation. Is it possible with OADOM?
The Commercial edition of OADOM tool can help you migrate Azure DevOps projects from one organization to another with no system downtime and zero data loss. Our team of migration experts will be happy to assist you in your migration journey.