TeamForge – Jira Software Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a significant role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as TeamForge and Jira Software bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating TeamForge and Jira Software, enterprises can make the product management and development teams seamlessly work with each other.
How TeamForge – Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- With the product team having complete visibility into stories, any gap between the actual requirements & what is being developed can be immediately addressed
- Best of functionality and collaboration can be leveraged in the delivery ecosystem
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates TeamForge and Jira
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates TeamForge and Jira Software bidirectionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘stories’ created in TeamForge synchronize to Jira Software where the development team breaks it down into different user stories. The progress of all user stories can be further tracked from any of the two systems.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: TeamForge integration with Jira
Problem statement: The Product Management team does not have direct visibility the progress of development work.
Solution: When TeamForge, the ALM platform, and Jira Software, the issue tracking project management software, are integrated, the Product Management team will have direct visibility into how the development teams work.
- Product Manager creates a new ‘Epic’ in TeamForge based on the conversation with a customer.
- The ‘Epic’ synchronizes to Jira Software as an ‘Epic’/ ‘Feature’.
- The development team, using Jira Software, breaks down the ‘Feature’ into ‘Stories’.
- The development team then assigns Estimated Efforts (in hours) required to complete the Epic/Feature in Jira, which synchronize to TeamForge against the corresponding Epic.
- As and when the development team progresses through the development, the Product Manager using TeamForge has real-time visibility into Actual Efforts and Remaining Efforts (in hours) for the Epic/Feature.
Benefits of integration for TeamForge and Jira users
- Clear visibility into story breakdown, estimated effort, and development progress
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
- Visibility into customer context and real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- No manual efforts needed to update the Product Management team