Jama – Micro Focus ALM/QC Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Jama and Micro Focus ALM/QC bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Jama with Micro Focus ALM/QC, enterprises can keep the business, development, and quality team focused on customer priorities, quality of the deliverable, and also, accelerate the product development cycle.
How Jama – Micro Focus ALM/QC integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown and associated test cases
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports
With Jama + Micro Focus ALM/QC integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and Micro Focus ALM/QC
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Jama and Micro Focus ALM/QC bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Jama automatically synchronize to Micro Focus ALM/QC and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Jama.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Jama integration with Micro Focus ALM/QC
Problem statement: The product management team doesn’t have visibility into the status of development work and associated QA reports.
Solution: When Jama is integrated with Micro Focus ALM/QC, the product manager will have real-time insight into the types of defects logged by the quality control team, the priorities of these defects, and the overall progress of a requirement.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘business requirement’ in Jama, defines its priority as ‘Major’, and adds descriptive comments for the development and quality control team.
- The ‘business requirement’ synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM/QC along with the priority and description.
- Based on this requirement, the QA team writes a ‘test case’ and links it to the corresponding requirement.
- When the development team completes the requirement, the QA team runs the test case. As the test case fails, the QA team logs a failure in Micro Focus ALM/QC.
- The QA team adds further insight into the defect by adding a descriptive comment.
- In Jama, the status of the ‘business requirement’ changes to ‘failed’. The related defect also shows up under the associated ‘business requirement’.
Benefits of integration for Jama and Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work & the QA cycle
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM/QC
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the QA cycle and reports