Jama Connect Integration with Micro Focus ALM
Increasing product complexity and the rapid pace of innovation demand agility, transparency and collaboration across teams and functions. Enable business, product development and quality teams to eliminate siloes and collaborate effectively to scale agile practices by integrating Jama Connect with Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane).
Empower development teams to gain real-time visibility into changing requirements, product management teams to trace user stories, test cases and quality analytics associated with the requirement. Foster transparency and visibility between product management and development/testing teams with bi-directional synchronization of data in real-time and full context with OpsHub Integration Manager.
Jama Connect : Cloud/Self-Hosted : From 8.22 and above
Micro Focus ALM / QC (Formerly known as HP ALM / QC) :
On-Premise: 10.0*, 11.0, 11.5, 11.5x, 12.0, 12.2, 12.5, 12.52, 12.53, 12.55, 12.6, 15.x, 16.x
Micro Focus ALM Octane (Formerly known as HP ALM Octane) : 188.8.131.52
Empower DevOps teams with increased collaboration, transparency and visibility into the application lifecycle
Eliminate manual and error-prone processes of communication and data transfer with automated exchange of information across tools. Shorten your feedback loop and enhance cross functional collaboration to shift the quality left by fixing defects early in the development lifecycle.
- Helps DevOps teams to take informed decisions with real-time status of defects logged by quality assurance teams, priorities and requirement progress
- Enables real-time exchange of information such as business requirements, test cases, development and QA cycle
- Traceability of requirements breakdown with associated test cases and entities
- Better collaboration and coordination on delivery timelines with concurrent updates on changes
- Capture and manage decision history with version control
Jama Connect Integration with Micro Focus ALM Use Case
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) and Jama Connect bi-directionally. This ensures real-time exchange of all historical and current data with each user in the preferred system with full context All ‘requirements’ from Jama Connect automatically synchronize to Micro Focus ALM and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’synchronize back to Jama Connect.
The Product Manager creates a business requirement in Jama Connect, defines its priority as Major, and adds descriptive comments for the development and quality control team.
The business requirement synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM along with the priority and description.
Based on this requirement, the QA team writes a Test Case and links it to the corresponding requirement
When the development team completes the requirement in Micro Focus ALM, the QA team runs the test case. If the test case fails, the QA team logs a failure in Micro Focus ALM
The QA team adds further insights into the defect by adding a descriptive comment
Jama Connect, the status of the business requirement changes to failed. The related defect also shows up under the associated business requirement
Jama Connect Integration with Micro Focus ALM using OpsHub Integration Manager
- Bidirectional synchronization of data between Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) and Jama Connect ensures real-time exchange of data available to users across systems
- Micro Focus ALM users can access the latest business requirements, development status, and associated updates within the ALM system
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
- Jama Connect users gain full traceability and visibility into business requirements, development progress and QA cycle
- No dependency on manual communication or data transfer for making business decisions
OpsHub Integration Manager support for Jama Connect enables better team coordination and full traceability of requirements across the product delivery life cycle. Enhance traceability, visibility, and collaboration across your organization by keeping the teams updated about their requirements, test plans and issue tracking throughout the project life cycle.
Why OpsHub Integration Manager?
- Guaranteed data consistency
- Full traceability of requirements
- History preservation in the integrated systems
- Robust failure recovery capabilities
- Built-in conflict resolution between source and target
- Deployment flexibility (On-premise or Cloud)