Digital.ai Agility – IBM DOORS Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get a complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and IBM DOORS Next Generation) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating IBM DOORS and Digital.ai Agility, the development teams will have real-time visibility into business requirements, and the product management teams will be able to trace all user stories and test cases associated with the requirement. As the overall collaboration in the ecosystem would increase, enterprises will deliver better quality products to customers at a faster pace.
How Digital.ai Agility – IBM DOORS integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track the estimated and actual development effort
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, tasks, sub-tasks associated with the requirement
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With Digital.ai Agility + IBM DOORS integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility and IBM DOORS
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility and IBM DOORS bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from IBM Rational DOORS NG automatically synchronize to Digital.ai Agility as a ‘story’ and all the entities and details associated with the ‘story’ synchronize back to IBM DOORS NG.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Digital.ai Agility integration with IBM DOORS
Problem statement: A Product Manager has to call/send emails to each team working on a ‘requirement’ to track the status of their work. Any miss from any teams can have serious implications.
Solution: If IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and IBM DOORS Next Generation) and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) are integrated, the priorities of the requirement will automatically synchronize to the development team.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘requirement’ for an additional feature requested by the customer in DOORS NG.
- The Product Manager describes the requirement, possible use case, and priority of the ‘requirement’ in DOORS NG, and assigns it to the development team lead.
- The ‘requirement’ synchronizes to Digital.ai Agility along with the details defined in DOORS NG.
- The changed status of ‘requirement’ reflects in IBM DOORS as well.The Product Manager knows that the development team has started work on the ‘requirement’.
- When the development team develops the requested feature, and tests it against the defined test case, it updates the status of the ‘requirement’ as ‘complete’ in Digital.ai Agility.
- The Product Manager is, then, automatically notified in DOORS that the ‘requirement’ is completed.
Benefits of integration for Digital.ai Agility and IBM DOORS users
Digital.ai Agility users
- Complete context of the business requirements
- Real-time updates for any changes to the requirements or delivery timelines
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status
IBM DOORS users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions