TeamForge Integration with IBM DOORS
Are data silos restricting your teams from having a holistic view of data? Product managers, developers and other team members need real-time progress updates and traceability to deliver high-quality products faster. Bring integration to unify this siloed application development lifecycle by integrating cross-functional tools such as TeamForge, and IBM DOORS. Integrating these best-of-breed tools allows product managers and developers to collaborate seamlessly on business requirements with full context and real-time visibility into each other’s tasks.
Leveraging OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) to integrate TeamForge and IBM DOORS empowers developers to understand the latest requirements and changing priorities and product managers with comprehensive requirements traceability right inside their native tools. In addition, OIM improves cross-functional collaboration, efficiency and transparency across the multi-tool ecosystem by integrating more than 50+ ALM tools.
TeamForge : 17.11, 21.0
IBM DOORS : 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6 till 9.7.2
IBM DOORS Next Generation : 6.0.6, 7.0.1 and 7.0.2
Ensure Cohesive Hybrid Visibility Across the Distributed Environment
- Release information trapped in silos and convert them into real actionable insights
- Enhance monitoring, reporting and analysis capabilities of teams with dynamic exchange of data in real time
- Adherence to regulatory compliance with end-to-end traceability
- Comprehensive visibility across your distributed data in the heterogeneous environment
TeamForge Integration with IBM DOORS Use Case
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) integrates TeamForge and IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and DOORS Next Generation) bi-directionally. All the requirements from IBM DOORS automatically synchronize to TeamForge and all the details associated with the requirement synchronize back to IBM DOORS. Therefore, the teams can coordinate better on business requirements.
The product manager creates a “Business Requirement” and its “Sub-requirement” in IBM DOORS and adds descriptive comments for the development team.
These (Parent/Child) Requirements synchronize to TeamForge as “Requirements” (maintaining the Parent/Child relationship). Therefore, the development team gets direct visibility into the requirements.
The development team in Teamforge starts planning the “Requirements” and seeks clarification through “Comment” on the requirement. That comment synchronizes to DOORS. Subsequently, the product manager clarifies it by adding another comment which synchronizes to Teamforge.
- Thus, the product manager and the development team collaborate effectively for “Feature” clarification.
The development team starts working on the “Requirement” and marks it as “In Progress”
The product manager gets direct visibility into the development progress of the requirements.
Once the work is complete, the development team marks the “Requirement” as “Done”. The updated status syncs to IBM DOORS, and the product manager can view the accomplished requirements.
TeamForge Integration with IBM DOORS Using OpsHub Integration Manager
- Bi-directional synchronization of data between TeamForge and IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and DOORS Next Generation) ensures the availability of current and historical data to users across systems in real-time
- Brings teams working in their respective tools on one page with a single source of truth without having them move from one system to another
- Eliminates duplication of efforts as automated data sync replaces manual data transfer
- Reduces time-to-market and enables better and faster decision making
OpsHub Integration Manager support for TeamForge with 50+ tools in the ALM and DevOps space enables enterprise-grade collaboration and transparency across the best of breed tooling environment to deliver greater business value.
Why OpsHub Integration Manager?
- Guaranteed data consistency
- Full traceability of requirements
- History preservation in the integrated systems
- Robust failure recovery capabilities
- Built-in conflict resolution between source and target
- Deployment flexibility (On-premise or Cloud)