Modern Requirements4DevOps Integration with Micro Focus ALM
The integration of Modern Requirements4DevOps with Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) brings the business, product, and quality teams together to accelerate product development and scale agile practices.
Schedule a free 30-minute live demo with our integration experts
Modern Requirements4DevOps – Micro Focus ALM Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements. Best-of-breed systems such as Modern Requirements4DevOps and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem.
Best-of-breed systems such as Modern Requirements4DevOps and Micro Focus ALM (Formerly known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Modern Requirements4DevOps and Micro Focus ALM, enterprises can keep the business, development, and quality team focused on customer priorities, quality of the deliverable, and accelerate the product development cycle.
How Modern Requirements4DevOps – Micro Focus ALM integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown and associated test cases
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports
With Modern Requirements4DevOps + Micro Focus ALM integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus ALM and Modern Requirements4DevOps
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Modern Requirements4DevOps and Micro Focus ALM (Formerly known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) in a bidirectional manner. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Modern Requirements4DevOps automatically synchronize to Micro Focus ALM and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Modern Requirements4DevOps.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Modern Requirements4DevOps integration with Micro Focus ALM
Problem statement: The product management team doesn’t have insight into the quality of work from the development team.
Solution: When Modern Requirements4DevOps is integrated with Micro Focus ALM (Formerly known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane), the product manager will have real-time insight into the types of defects logged by the quality control team, the priorities of these defects, and the overall quality of work.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘user story’ in Modern Requirements4DevOps, defines its priority as ‘High’, and adds descriptive comments for the development and quality control team.
- The ‘user story’ synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM along with the priority and description.
- Based on this user story, the quality control team writes a ‘test case’ and links it to the corresponding user story.
- When the development team completes the work on the user story, the quality control team runs the defined test case and as the test case fails, logs a failure in Micro Focus ALM. The quality control adds further insight into the defect by adding descriptive comment.
- In Modern Requirements4DevOps, the status of the ‘user story’ changes to ‘failed’. The related defect also shows up under this ‘user story’.
Benefits of integration for Modern Requirements4DevOps and Micro Focus ALM users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work and the QA cycle
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
Micro Focus ALM users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM
- Complete context of the business requirements
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the QA cycle and reports