Aras – Windchill RV&S Software Integration Overview
The choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality products. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating Aras and Windchill RV&S enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Aras – Windchill RV&S integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Engineering team working on requirements have full context on for which part the requirement is being written and gives them better context
- As all teams have complete context of the requirements, the development and test process is up-to-the-mark and efficiently executed
- Productivity improves due to real-time, contextual exchange of information across the delivery chain
- Freedom to use the systems/tools best suited for each team without worrying about collaboration
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Aras and Windchill RV&S
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Aras and Windchill RV&S bi-directionally. Parts and Requirement documents from Aras synchronize to Windchill RV&S. In Windchill RV&S, the backend team breaks down requirement document into multiple requirements, which is integrated with another end system. The testing team also writes test cases against the requirements in Windchill RV&S.
Popularly synchronized entities
Benefits of integration for Aras and Windchill RV&S users
- Real time visibility into ECR status and requirement status to other teams
- Aras becomes the central system to keep all the current information
- Visibility into high-level test plan and test cases being tested by backend team
Windchill RV&S users
- Real-time tracking of product development
- No need to manually send new requirements or changes to the product teams
- Reduced dependency on manual communication to make engineering decisions