TFVC Integration with Digital.ai Agility and ServiceNow
The integration of Team Foundation Server Version Control (TFVC) integration with Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and ServiceNow provides the project management team complete traceability for any ticket (Incident, problem, or defect) raised by a customer.
Schedule a free 30-minute live demo with our integration experts
TFVC, Digital.ai Agility and ServiceNow Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as TFVC, Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne), and ServiceNow bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. When TFVC is integrated with Digital.ai Agility and ServiceNow, all stakeholders have real-time visibility into the commits made by the development team. It is also easier to enforce authentic commits against each work item and access the changes/edits made to the commit files from Digital.ai Agility itself.
How TFVC – Digital.ai Agility – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track commit volume, track commit trends and edits/changes to commit files in real time
- Enforce authentic commits to make sure each commit is happening against a scheduled and open workitem
- Eliminate manual effort to close workitems in Digital.ai Agility and ServiceNow by automating the state transition on TFVC commit
With TFVC, Digital.ai Agility, and ServiceNow integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates TFVC, Digital.ai Agility, and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates TFVC, Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne), and ServiceNow – each system with the other bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All the details related to a commit made against a work item in Digital.ai Agility can be tracked from Digital.ai Agility itself. For example, for each commit that the development team makes in TFVC, TFVC synchronizes a ‘commit entity’ linked to the specific requirement id back to Digital.ai Agility. The support team, using ServiceNow is also up-to-date with the status of a ticket (Incident, problem, or defect) raised by a customer.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: TFVC integration with Digital.ai Agility and ServiceNow
Problem statement: Lack of commit traceability means development and support teams must manually update their systems after successful commit against a workitem.
Solution: If Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne), TFVC, and ServiceNow are integrated using OpsHub Integration Manager, the build results will be automatically synchronized to all the integrated systems.
- A support team member logs an Incident in ServiceNow.
- The development team traces it as a ‘Defect’ in Digital.ai Agility.
- The development team works on the ‘Defect’ in Digital.ai Agility and commits the changes against the ‘Defect’ in TFVC.
- OpsHub Integration Manager synchronizes the commit information to Digital.ai Agility with the associated defect.
- The change also reflects in ServiceNow.
Benefits of integration for TFVC, Digital.ai Agility, and ServiceNow
- Each commit can be traced back to its respective work item at any given point in time from TFVC itself
- Enforced checkpoints ensure that no mandatory steps/checks are missed while making a commit – this leads to high success rate for commits
Digital.ai Agility users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Direct visibility into customer issues and their priorities
- No dependency on manual communication
- Access and real-time updates to the development status within ServiceNow
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to development team
- No dependency on manual communication