Blueprint ServiceNow Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster decisions.
By integrating Blueprint with ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between product management and customer-facing teams, such as sales and support, which otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Blueprint – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Get complete context of the customer requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Trace the customer tickets/requests across the delivery chain
- Customers experience seamless service throughout the delivery chain
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint and ServiceNow bi-directionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets/requests’ from ServiceNow along with all details synchronize to Blueprint giving the requirement management team visibility into different kinds of customer requests coming in. When the requirement management team decides on the project completion date/delivery date, all information then fed to Blueprint synchronizes to from ServiceNow, giving service delivery desk visibility to complete customer conversation and delivery date.
Popularly synchronized entities between Blueprint and ServiceNow
Use Case: Blueprint integration with ServiceNow
Problem statement: The Requirement Management team doesn’t have direct visibility into the enhancement requests coming from customers. Therefore, they must request this data from the support team.
Solution: If Blueprint and ServiceNow are integrated, the Product Management team as well as the support team will be on the same page in terms of what is to be communicated to the customer.
- A customer logs a ‘ticket’ in ServiceNow stating, “We need a new option – Priority 6 – Park for next iteration – in the priority drop-down list”.
- The support team, using ServiceNow, identifies it as an ‘enhancement request’.
- The ‘enhancement request’ synchronizes to Blueprint as a new ‘requirement’.
- The Requirement Management Team approves the ‘requirement’ and assigns a completion date to it.
- The completion date synchronizes to ServiceNow along with details provided by the Requirement Management Team.
- The customer support team is then equipped to respond to the customer about the estimated completion date and progress on the points discussed by the Product Manager.
Benefits of integration for Blueprint and ServiceNow users
- Visibility into all kinds of customer requests coming in
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
- Traceability for customer requests throughout the ALM tool chain
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the customer requests