The integration of Microsoft Dynamics with ServiceNow gives real-time visibility to the support and sales team into each other’s work and priorities. With this kind of visibility, the coordination between the teams become easier, customer issues are resolved faster, and customer communication becomes seamless.
Microsoft Dynamics – ServiceNow Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to make better decisions, faster.
By integrating Microsoft Dynamics & ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between their customer-facing teams. It helps in keeping customer priorities clearer, makes communication with the customers seamless, and reduces the customer issues resolution time.
How Microsoft Dynamics – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Microsoft Dynamics and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Microsoft Dynamics and ServiceNow bi-directionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All entities between from Microsoft Dynamics and ServiceNow synchronize with each other. Customer priorities, value, and other details available in Microsoft Dynamics are also visible in the customer account in ServiceNow.
Popularly synchronized entities between Microsoft Dynamics and ServiceNow
Use Case: Microsoft Dynamics integrate with ServiceNow
Problem statement: The support team has no visibility into the new accounts created by the sales team; therefore, they are not sure which customer accounts are eligible for support.
Solution: If the support system is linked with Microsoft Dynamics – the sales system, both teams will have visibility into any new customer accounts created by the sales team.
- Sales team creates an account for a new customer in Microsoft Dynamics and enables a flag to mark that customer is entitled for support.
- The new account syncs to ServiceNow and authorizes the associated profiles to create tickets.
- When the customer creates a new incident in ServiceNow, OpsHub Integration Manager automatically links the ticket to the company account in ServiceNow. The ticket also syncs to Microsoft Dynamics as a ‘case’.
- Sales team adds a comment to the case notifying the support team that this is a critical incident.
- The support team changes the status of the ticket to ‘active’ and starts work on it immediately.
Benefits of integration for Microsoft Dynamics and ServiceNow
Microsoft Dynamics users
- Real-time access to the status of customer tickets and conversations between support team & customers
- No manual efforts needed to keep support team updated on new customer accounts added & priorities/value of each customer account
- Access to the customer account, priorities contacts from within ServiceNow
- No manual efforts needed to keep sales team in loop for customer issues