Bugzilla – Digital.ai Agility Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to make better decisions, faster.
By integrating Bugzilla and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne), enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Bugzilla – Digital.ai Agility integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time updates when a bug is identified or resolved
- Real-time access to bugs and associated details
- Easy to collaborate and define priorities of task
With Bugzilla + Digital.ai Agility integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Bugzilla and Digital.ai Agility
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Bugzilla and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘bugs’ from Bugzilla automatically synchronize to Digital.ai Agility. The status, priorities of bugs defined by the project management or the development team in Digital.ai Agility also synchronizes to Bugzilla.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Bugzilla integration with Digital.ai Agility
Problem statement: The project management and development team are using Digital.ai Agility as a project management system and Bugzilla as a defect tracking system. If these two systems are not synchronized, the Project Manager doesn’t have clear visibility into the kind of bugs being reported and must manually coordinate about status, priority, delivery timelines of these bugs with the development team.
Solution:When Bugzilla and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) are integrated, the Project Manager will have real-time visibility into the bugs being reported, which in turn will improve the overall planning and estimation process.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) team logs a ‘bug’ in Bugzilla after test case fails.
- As Digital.ai Agility and Bugzilla are integrated, the project management team also gets real-time access to bugs reported from their own system.
- The Project Manager realizes that the bug, if not resolved in a day, will become a critical road blocker for the impending release.
- The Project Manager, therefore, marks the bug as ‘high priority’ in Digital.ai Agility. This update synchronizes to Bugzilla as well. The development team as well as QA team update their schedule as per this update.
Benefits of integration for Bugzilla and Digital.ai Agility users
- Visibility into customer priorities
- Complete traceability for a bug
- Easy to collaborate with the project management and development teams
Digital.ai Agility users
- Real-time updates on bugs found on a story
- Clear visibility into quality parameters and test results from Digital.ai Agility itself
- Easy to collaborate with the backend team and define priorities of task