Digital.ai Agility – Micro Focus ALM Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts a team’s productivity, cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. Integration of Digital.ai Agility with Micro Focus ALM/QC ensures that the development and QA teams are on the same page when it comes to delivery timelines and has complete visibility into each other’s tasks.
How Digital.ai Agility – Micro Focus ALM integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown, associated test cases, and defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) plans and reports
With Digital.ai Agility + Micro Focus ALM integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility and Micro Focus ALM
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The release and cycle, test cases, defects in Micro Focus ALM can be accessed by the development team from Digital.ai Agility itself. The QA team also gets real-time visibility into the plans, schedule, and progress of a story.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Digital.ai Agility integration with Micro Focus ALM
Problem statement: The development team and quality control team are not able to coordinate on timelines and the issues are falling through the cracks.
Solution: When Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) is integrated with Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane), both quality and development will have visibility into each other’s schedule and the coordination will become seamless.
- The quality control team creates ‘defect’ in Micro Focus ALM after testing a ‘use case’.
- The ‘defect’ along with associated details gets synchronized to Digital.ai Agility.
- The development team edits the corresponding defect in Digital.ai Agility and defines a ‘resolution date’. This detail synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM.
- The quality control team writes a ‘test case’ against the defect and plans the test as per the timelines, which also synchronizes to Digital.ai Agility.
- When the ‘defect’ is resolved, the development team marks the ‘defect’ as resolved.
Benefits of integration for Digital.ai Agility and Micro Focus ALM users
Digital.ai Agility users
- Visibility into QA schedule and test cases in advance
- Complete context of the defects and their severity
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
Micro Focus ALM users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM/QC
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on the QA cycle and reports