GitLab Integration with Digital.ai Agility
The integration of GitLab with Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) ensures the development team does not have to manually update their systems after successful commit against a work item. With this integration, the development team can easily track commit trends and volume from the development system itself.
Schedule a free 30-minute live demo with our integration experts
GitLab – Digital.ai Agility Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration brings in collective wisdom to take better decisions, faster.
Best-of-breed systems such as GitLab and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem and make the work of the development team easier and faster. When Digital.ai Agility and GitLab are integrated within the ecosystem, it’s easier to keep a track of the commit trends and volume and therefore fulfill the compliance requirements.
How GitLab – Digital.ai Agility integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Shorten the delivery lifecycle, streamline manual processes and accelerate team velocity
- Track commit volume, track commit trends and edits/changes to commit files in real time
- Enforce authentic commits to make sure each commit is happening against a scheduled and open workitem
- Automation to close workitems in Digital.ai Agility after a successful commit in GitLab
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates GitLab and Digital.ai Agility
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and GitLab bi-directionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All the details related to a commit can be synced to Digital.ai Agility in various ways. Following are a few examples:
- Synchronize every commit as a separate workitem linked to the workitem against which commit happens
- Synchronize commit details as comment to the workitem against which commit happens
- Change workitem field like ‘close a workitem’ when commit comments contain a pre-defined identifier
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: GitLab Integration with Digital.ai Agility
Problem statement: As development and code commits are happening on two different systems, development team must manually update their systems after successful commit against each work item. They will also have to manually keep a track of commit volume and commit trends.
Solution: When Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and GitLab are integrated, status change for a work item can be automated on the code check-in GitLab. This way, development team can also keep track of the volume of commits as well as details of each commit from the development system itself.
- QA team creates a ‘defect’ that synchronizes to Digital.ai Agility.
- The development team works on the ‘defect’ in Digital.ai Agility and commits the defect against the corresponding ‘Issue ID’ in GitLab. Once the commit is successful, the status of the ‘defect’ in Digital.ai Agility changes to ‘Resolved’.
- Commit Information also synchronizes to the ‘defect’ in Digital.ai Agility a comment. The comment includes information such as ‘who did the commit?’, ‘when was the commit done?’, and ‘which part of the code was committed?’.
Benefits of integration for GitLab and Digital.ai Agility users
- Each commit can be traced back to its respective workitem at any given point in time from GitLab itself
- Enforced checkpoints ensure that no mandatory steps/checks are missed while making a commit – this leads to high success rate for commits
Digital.ai Agility users
- Complete traceability from Digital.ai Agility to source code in GitLab
- No manual intervention required to close workitems in Digital.ai Agility after a successful commit in GitLab
- Reduced dependency on manual communication to track the completion of a task