Zendesk – GitHub – Digital.ai Agility Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Zendesk, GitHub, and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. When GitHub is integrated with Digital.ai Agility and Zendesk, all stakeholders have real-time visibility into the commits made by the development team. It is also easier to enforce authentic commits against each work item, and access the changes/edits made to the commit files from Digital.ai Agility itself.
How Zendesk – GitHub – Digital.ai Agility integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track commit volume, track commit trends and edits/changes to commit files in real-time
- Enforce authentic commits to make sure each commit is happening against a scheduled and open workitem
- Eliminate manual effort to close Digital.ai Agility & Zendesk work items by automating the state transition on GitHub commit
With Zendesk + GitHub + Digital.ai Agility integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Zendesk, GitHub and Digital.ai Agility
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Zendesk with GitHub and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All the details related to a commit made against a work item in Digital.ai Agility can be tracked from Digital.ai Agility itself. For example, for each commit that the development team makes in GitHub, GitHub synchronizes a ‘commit entity’ linked to the specific requirement id back to Digital.ai Agility. Each ‘commit entity’ includes information such as ‘who did the commit?’, ‘when was the commit done?’, and ‘which part of the code was committed?’. The support team, using Zendesk, is also up-to-date with the status of a ticket (incident, problem, or defect) raised by a customer.
Entities that can be synchronized between Zendesk, GitHub and Digital.ai Agility
Use Case: Zendesk Integration with GitHub and Digital.ai Agility
Problem statement: Lack of commit traceability means development and support teams must manually update their systems after successful commit against a work item.
Solution: If Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne), GitHub, and Zendesk are integrated using OpsHub Integration Manager, the build results will be automatically synchronized to all the integrated systems.
- A support team member logs an incident in Zendesk.
- The development team traces it as a ‘defect’ in Digital.ai Agility.
- The development team works on the ‘defect’ in Digital.ai Agility and commits the changes against the ‘defect’ in GitHub.
- OpsHub Integration Manager synchronizes the commit information to Digital.ai Agility as a ‘change set’ in the associated defect.
- The change also reflects in Zendesk.
Benefits of integration for Zendesk, GitHub and Digital.ai Agility users
Zendesk & GitHub users
- Access and real-time updates to the development status within Zendesk
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to Digital.ai Agility
- No dependency on manual communication to Easy to trace relationship between various work entities
Digital.ai Agility users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Direct visibility into customer issues and their priorities
- No dependency on manual communication