ServiceNow Rally Software Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating Rally Software with ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between development and customer service teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and ﬁnancial loss.
How ServiceNow – Rally Software integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With ServiceNow + Rally Software integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ServiceNow and Rally Software
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ServiceNow and Rally Software bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from ServiceNow automatically synchronize to Rally Software and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back to Rally Software.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: ServiceNow integration with Rally Software integration
Problem statement: Service & support team raises an issue highlighted by the client to the back-end team via email. Someone in the back-end team resolves the issue but forgets to inform the service & support team that the highlighted issue has been resolved. As the client doesn’t get an update about the highlighted issue in the time agreed on the SLA, the client escalates this problem.
Solution: The issue got escalated because the service & support team and the back-end operations team failed to exchange the requisite information in time and pass it on to the client. This is a classic case of communication gap in a heterogeneous ecosystem, which can be resolved by introducing an effective integration solution.
Note: In the use case given below, ServiceNow is the support system and Rally Software is the development system.
- A customer faces an issue in resetting the password of a user and logs an ‘incident’ ticket in ServiceNow.
- A support representative logs a problem and associates it with the incident (Note: when a problem is logged and associated to an incident, the status of the incident automatically sets to awaiting problem).
- OpsHub Integration Manager identifies the ‘problem’ logged in ServiceNow and replicates it to Rally Software as a ‘defect’.
- The development team then schedules the defect as per their priorities. (Note: Customer at this stage also has visibility into the status and schedule of their problem.)
- Development team and support team collaborating real time through work notes and attachments to minimize any delay caused due to communication lag.
- Development team resolves the defect in Rally Software. The status for the problem also gets replicated in ServiceNow and the associated incident is automatically closed. Customer gets a notification that their problem is resolved.
Beneﬁts of integration for ServiceNow and Rally Software
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within ServiceNow
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to Rally Software
- No manual eﬀorts needed to keep backend teams updated on customer issues and priorities
Rally Software users
- Traceability for requirements/features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions