Bugzilla integration with ServiceNow
The integration of Bugzilla with ServiceNow gives real-time visibility to the customer support teams into the status of bugs/defects. With this kind of visibility, the coordination between the customer support teams and customers becomes easier and the customer support teams can give real-time and accurate status to the customers always.
Schedule a free 30-minute live demo with our integration experts
Bugzilla – ServiceNow Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to make better decisions, faster.
By integrating Bugzilla with ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers that otherwise lead to customer disappointment, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Bugzilla – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates on the status of bugs reported by the customers
With Bugzilla + ServiceNow integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Bugzilla and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Bugzilla and ServiceNow bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The customer support team, using ServiceNow, has access to the status of all bugs/defects/issues reported from customers in their own system.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Bugzilla integration with ServiceNow
Problem statement: The support team receives a ticket from a customer, which it identifies as a defect/bug, and sends to the backend team for resolution. The backend team responds that the ‘identified defect’ is a ‘known defect’ and is in process of resolution before the next release.
Solution:When Bugzilla and ServiceNow are bi-directionally integrated using OpsHub Integration Manager, the status of this defect would have already synchronized to ‘ServiceNow’ as ‘In Progress’ along with the expected resolution date. The response to customer could have been faster.
- Multiple customers report similar issues related to the product.
- The support team identifies these tickets and reports them as a ‘problem’ to the backend team.
- The backend team, using Bugzilla to track defects, identifies it as a known defect. They add a comment to the ‘defect’ stating that it will be resolved in the next release (and expected date).
- The support team receives the information as ‘comments’ in ServiceNow.
- When a new customer logs a ticket asking for resolution of the same defect, the support team immediately responds to the customer stating that the ‘defect’ is being resolved and the customers will have a solution by the next release.
Benefits of integration for Bugzilla and ServiceNow
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication to update customer facing teams on status of bugs
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to Bugzilla
- No manual efforts needed to keep customers updated on real-time status of the reported bugs