The integration of Clarity (Formerly Clarity PPM) with CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) helps enterprises closely couple the product management and customer service teams. With this kind of visibility, the coordination between the teams becomes easier and the product delivery process becomes seamless.
Clarity – CA SDM Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster decisions.
By integrating Clarity (formerly Clarity PPM) with CA SDM, enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between product management and customer service teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Clarity – CA SDM integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Get complete context of the customer requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Trace the customer tickets/requests across the delivery chain
- Customers experience seamless service throughout the delivery chain
With Clarity + CA SDM integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Clarity and CA SDM
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) and CA SDM bidirectionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets/requests’ from CA SDM along with all details synchronize to Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) giving the product management team visibility into different kinds of customer requests coming in. When the product management team decides on the project completion date/delivery date and speaks to the customer, all information then fed to Clarity(formerly Clarity PPM) synchronizes to from CA SDM, giving service delivery desk visibility to complete customer conversation and delivery date.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Clarity with CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM)
Problem statement: The Product Management team doesn’t have direct visibility into the enhancement requests coming from customers. Therefore, they must request this data from the support team.
Solution: If CA SDM and Clarity (formerly Clarity PPM) are integrated, the Product Management team as well as the support team will be on the same page in terms of what is to be communicated to the customer.
- A customer logs a ‘ticket’ in CA SDM stating “We need a new option – Priority 6 – Park for next iteration – in the priority drop-down list”.
- The support team, using CA SDM, identifies it as an ‘enhancement request’.
- The ‘enhancement request’ synchronizes to Clarity as a new ‘feature’.
- The Product Manager approves the ‘feature’ request and assigns a completion date to it. The Product Manager also communicates with the customer and adds additional details related to the feature in comments.
- The completion date synchronizes to CA SDM along with details provided by the Product Management team.
- The customer support team is then equipped to respond to the customer about the estimated completion date and progress on the points discussed by the Product Manager.
Benefits of integration for Clarity and CA SDM users
- Visibility into all kinds of customer requests coming in
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
CA SDM users
- Traceability for customer requests throughout the ALM tool chain
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the customer requests