Salesforce – ServiceNow Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating Salesforce & ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between their customer-facing teams.It helps in keeping customer priorities clearer, makes communication with the customers seamless, and reduces the customer issues resolution time.
How Salesforce – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With Salesforce + ServiceNow integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Salesforce and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Salesforce and ServiceNow bi-directionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from ServiceNow automatically synchronize to Salesforce and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back to Salesforce. Customer priorities, value, and other details available in Salesforce are also visible in the customer account in ServiceNow.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Salesforce integration with ServiceNow
Problem statement: The support team has no visibility into the new accounts created by the sales team; therefore, they are not sure which customer accounts are eligible for support.
Solution: If the support system and sales systems are integrated, the support team will have visibility into any new customer accounts created by the sales team.
Let’s look at a use case in which ServiceNow – the support system is linked with Salesforce – the sales system.
- Sales team creates an account for a new customer in Salesforce and enables a flag to mark that customer is entitled for support.
- The new account synchronizes to ServiceNow and authorizes the associated profiles to create tickets.
- When the customer creates a new incident in ServiceNow, OpsHub Integration Manager automatically links the ticket to the company account in ServiceNow. The ticket also synchronizes to Salesforce as a case.
- Sales team adds a comment to the case notifying the support team that this is a critical incident.
- The support team changes the status of the ticket to ‘active’ and starts work on it immediately.
Benefits of integration for Salesforce and ServiceNow
- Access to the customer account, priorities contacts from within ServiceNow
- No manual efforts needed to keep sales team in loop for customer issues
- No manual efforts needed to keep support team updated on new customer accounts added & priorities/value of each customer account
- Real-time access to the status of customer tickets and conversations between support team & customers