Salesforce – Zendesk Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to make better decisions, faster.
By integrating Zendesk & Salesforce, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between their customer-facing teams. It helps in keeping customer priorities clearer, makes communication with the customers seamless, and reduces the customer issues resolution time.
How Salesforce – Zendesk integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With Salesforce + Zendesk integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Salesforce and Zendesk
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Zendesk and Salesforce bi-directionally. It ensures that all data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from Zendesk automatically synchronize to Salesforce and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back to Salesforce. Customer priorities, value, and other details available in Salesforce are also visible in the customer account in Zendesk.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Salesforce integration with Zendesk
Problem statement: The support team is unable to prioritize the tickets from different customers. As they don’t understand the priorities of the tickets, they end up taking up the least important tickets first and the most important tickets at the end.
Solution: If Salesforce and Zendesk are integrated, the support team will have visibility into the order in which the customer tickets need to be prioritized.
- Sales team creates an account for a new customer in Salesforce and flags the account to suggest that the customer is entitled for support.
- The account gets synced to Zendesk and customers associated with this account are authorized to raise tickets on ServiceNow.
- A customer associated with this account raises a ticket in Zendesk. The ticket automatically links to the associated account.
- OpsHub Integration Manager also synchronizes this ticket to Salesforce as a ‘case’ and links it to the corresponding account.
- Sales team adds a comment to the ‘case’ in Salesforce suggesting the support team to consider this ticket as ‘critical’.
- The comment gets synced to Zendesk as ‘notes’, which are hidden from the customer.
- The support team, then, takes this ticket on priority, and changes status of the ticket to ‘active. The status of the ‘case’ automatically gets updated as ‘in-progress’ in Salesforce.
Benefits of integration for Salesforce and Zendesk
- Access to the customer account, priorities contacts from within Zendesk
- No manual efforts needed to keep sales team in loop for customer issues
- No manual efforts needed to keep support team updated on new customer accounts added & priorities/value of each customer account
- Real-time access to the status of customer tickets and conversations between support team & customers