Salesforce Rally Software Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Rally Software and Salesforce bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Rally Software with Salesforce, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between the technical and customer-facing teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Salesforce – Rally Software integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With Salesforce + Rally Software integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Salesforce and Rally Software
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Rally Software and Salesforcebidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available toeach user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All‘ideas’ or any similar custom entity from Salesforce automaticallysynchronize to Rally Software and all the entities and details associatedwith the custom entity synchronize back to Rally Software.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Salesforce integration with Rally Software
Problem statement: The service/support team in an organization uses Salesforce and the product development team uses Rally Software. As these systems are not integrated, it becomes cumbersome for the service/support team to follow up with backend team on each case.
Solution: If Salesforce and Rally Software are integrated, the service/support team will not have to manually keep following with the product development team about each case and they can keep the customer up-to-date all the time.
- The support team logs an ‘enhancement request’ in Salesforce.
- The ‘enhancement request’ synchronizes to Rally Software as a ‘user story’ with status ‘New’. The Project Manager using Rally Software approves the enhancement request.
- The development team lead assigns a delivery date for the ‘user story’ and breaks the user story into multiple tasks.
- The delivery date & associated tasks synchronize in Salesforce as well. The support/service team is, therefore, updated with the due delivery date.
- The development team starts work on the user story, tests it, and marks it as ‘complete’.
Benefits of integration for Salesforce and Rally Software users
- Access to the updates coming from development team on customer requirements from within Salesforce
- Easy to categorize and prioritize customer requests for backend teams
- No manual efforts needed to keep project & engineering teams updated on customer issues and priorities
Rally Software users
- Traceability for customer requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions