Rally – Software ServiceNow Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating Rally Software with ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between development and customer service teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Rally Software – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With Rally Software + ServiceNow integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Rally Software and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Rally Software and ServiceNow bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from ServiceNow automatically synchronize to Rally Software and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back
to Rally Software.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Rally Software integration with ServiceNow
Problem statement: Service & support team raises an issue highlighted by the client to the backend team via email. Someone in the backend team resolves the issue but forgets to inform the service & support team that the highlighted issue has been resolved. As the client doesn’t get an update about the highlighted issue in the time agreed on the SLA, the client escalates this problem.
Solution: The issue got escalated because the service & support team and the backend operations team failed to exchange the requisite information in time and pass it on to the client. This is a classic case of communication gap in a heterogenous ecosystem, which can be resolved by introducing an effective integration solution.
- A customer faces an issue in resetting the password of a user and logs an ‘Incident’ ticket in ServiceNow.
- A support representative analyzes the issue and concludes that there is a defect in the product.
- OpsHub Integration Manager identifies the ‘Incident’ logged in ServiceNow and propagates it as ‘Defect’ in Rally Software.
- The backend team examines the defect, resolves it, and updates its status as ‘Fixed’.
- OpsHub Integration Manager communicates the change in the status of the ‘Defect’ to ServiceNow. The status of the ‘Incident’ in ServiceNow changes accordingly.
Benefits of integration for Rally Software and ServiceNow users
Rally Software users
- Traceability for requirements/features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within ServiceNow
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to Rally Software
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on customer issues and priorities