Integrating Microsoft Dynamics with other systems in the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem helps enterprises speed up customer issues resolution times and align business and development teams to focus on common goals.
Microsoft Dynamics – Rally Software Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to make better decisions, faster decisions.
By integrating Microsoft Dynamics with Rally Software, enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between development and operations teams.
How Microsoft Dynamics – Rally Software integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Microsoft Dynamics and Rally Software
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Microsoft Dynamics and Rally Software bi-directionally. OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Rally Software and ServiceNow bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from Microsoft Dynamics automatically synchronize to Rally Software and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back to Rally Software.
Popularly synchronized entities between Microsoft Dynamics and Rally Software
Use Case: Microsoft Dynamics integration with Rally Software
Problem statement: Service team raises an issue highlighted by the client to the backend team via email. Someone in the backend team resolves the issue but forgets to inform the service team that the highlighted issue has been resolved. As the client doesn’t get an update about the highlighted issue in the time agreed on the SLA, the client escalates this problem.
Solution: The issue got escalated because the service team and the backend operations team failed to exchange the requisite information in time and pass it on to the client. This communication gap can be resolved by introducing an effective integration solution.
- A customer faces an issue in resetting the password of a user and logs an ‘Incident’ ticket in Microsoft Dynamics.
- A support representative analyzes the issue, marks it as a ‘Problem’ and sends it to the development team which is using Rally Software.
- OpsHub Integration Manager propagates the problem as a ‘Defect’ in Rally Software with all the details provided the support representative.
- The backend team examines the defect, resolves it, and updates its status as ‘Fixed’.
- OpsHub Integration Manager communicates the change in the status of the ‘Defect’ to Microsoft Dynamics. The status of the ‘Incident’ in Microsoft Dynamics also changes to ‘Resolved’.
Benefits of integration for Microsoft Dynamics and Rally Software
Microsoft Dynamics users
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within Microsoft Dynamics
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to Rally Software
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on customer issues and priorities
Rally Software users
- Traceability for requirements/features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions