The integration of Blueprint with Micro Focus Quality Center(QC) brings the business and product development, quality teams together to accelerate product development and efficiently scale agile practices.
Blueprint Micro Focus ALM/QC Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration brings in collective wisdom to take better decisions, faster.
Best-of-breed systems such as Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM/QC bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Blueprint with Micro Focus ALM/QC, enterprises can keep the business, development, and quality team focussed on customer goals and accelerate product development cycle.
How Blueprint – Micro Focus ALM/QC integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time cross-functional visibility across the teams over ‘requirements’
- Bi-directional synchronization of ‘requirements’ enables quality team to raise queries by commenting on the workitem itself
- Seamless coordination over iteration start and end date
- Product Managers are always updated on the quality of development work
- When ‘defects’ from Micro Focus ALM/QC synchronize to Blueprint, Product Managers can track the exact reason of failure and estimate the delay that it might cause
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM/QC
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM/QC in a bidirectional manner. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Blueprint automatically synchronize to Micro Focus ALM/QC and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Blueprint.
Popularly synchronized entities Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM/QC
Use Case: Blueprint integration with Micro Focus ALM/QC
Problem statement: The product management team doesn’t have visibility into the status of development work and associated QA reports.
Solution: When Blueprint is integrated with Micro Focus ALM/QC, the product manager will have real-time insight into the types of defects logged by the quality control team, the priorities of these defects, and the overall progress of a requirement.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘requirement’ in Blueprint, defines its priority as ‘High’, and adds descriptive comments for the development and quality control team.
- The ‘requirement’ synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM/QC along with the priority and description.
- Based on this requirement, the QA team writes a ‘test case’ and links it to the corresponding requirement.
- When the development team completes the requirement, the QA team runs the test case. As the test case fails, the QA team logs a failure in Micro Focus ALM/QC.
- The QA team adds further insight into the defect by adding a descriptive comment.
- In Blueprint, the status of the ‘requirement’ changes to ‘failed’. The related defect also shows up under the associated ‘business requirement’.
Benefits of integration for Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the development and QA lifecycle
- Visibility into quality of development work
- Reduced dependency on manual communication for business decision making
Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- Access to the business requirements within Micro Focus ALM/QC, and real-time update for any changes, enhancements
- Complete view into the business goals, logics, and targets
- Automatic synchronization of defects saves a lot of time for Micro Focus ALM/QC user who would have, otherwise, manually shared the details