The integration of Micro Focus ALM/QC with VersionOne makes it easier for the development and quality assurance (QA) teams to collaborate with each other.
This, in turn, helps in delivering a high quality product to customers at a faster pace.
Micro Focus ALM/QC VersionOne Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Micro Focus ALM/QC and VersionOne bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. Integration of Micro Focus ALM/QC with VersionOne ensures that the development and QA teams are on the same page when it comes to delivery timelines and have complete visibility into each other’s tasks.
How Micro Focus ALM/QC – VersionOne integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown, associated test cases, and defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) plans and reports
With Micro Focus ALM/QC + VersionOne integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus ALM/QC and VersionOne
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus ALM/QC and VersionOne bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The release and cycle, test cases, defects in Micro Focus ALM/QC can be accessed by the development team from VersionOne itself. The QA team also gets real-time visibility into the plans, schedule, and progress of a story.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Micro Focus ALM/QC Integration with VersionOne
Problem statement: The development team and quality control team are not able to coordinate on timelines and the issues are falling through the cracks.
Solution: When VersionOne is integrated with Micro Focus ALM/QC, both quality and development will have visibility into each other’s schedule and the coordination will become seamless.
- The quality control team creates ‘defect’ in Micro Focus ALM/QC after a testing a ‘use case’.
- The ‘defect’ along with associated details gets synchronized to VersionOne.
- The development team edits the corresponding defect in VersionOne and defines a ‘resolution date’. This detail synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM/QC.
- The quality control team writes a ‘test case’ against the defect and plans the test as per the timelines, which also synchronizes to VersionOne.
- When the ‘defect’ is resolved, the development team marks the ‘defect’ as resolved.
Benefits of integration for Micro Focus ALM/QC and VersionOne users
Micro Focus ALM/QC users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM/QC
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep back-end teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
- Visibility into QA schedule and test cases in advance
- Complete context of the defects and their severity
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions