Azure DevOps Integration with Micro Focus ALM
The integration of Azure DevOps (Both Azure DevOps Server and Services, also known as TFS and VSTS) and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) helps in bringing the Product Development and Quality Assurance (QA) teams on the same page. As both teams have visibility into each other’s tasks and complete context of customer expectations, the quality of the product is better and the delivery cycle is shorter.
Schedule a free 30-minute live demo with our integration experts
Azure DevOps Server (Formerly known as TFS)
- 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 (up to Update 3), 2017, 2017(Update 2), 2018, 2019, 2020
Azure DevOps Services (Formerly known as VSTS)
Micro Focus ALM / QC (Formerly known as HP ALM / QC)
- SaaS: 15.x,
- On-Premise: 10.0*, 11.0*, 11.5, 11.5x, 12.0, 12.2, 12.5, 12.52, 12.53, 12.55, 12.6, 15.x, 16.x, 17.x
Micro Focus ALM Octane (Formerly known as HP ALM Octane)
Azure DevOps – Micro Focus ALM Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Azure DevOps (Both Azure DevOps Server and Services, also known as TFS and VSTS) and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. Integration of Azure DevOps with Micro Focus ALM ensures that the Development and QA teams are on the same page when it comes to delivery timelines and has complete visibility into each other’s tasks.
How Azure DevOps – Micro Focus ALM integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Access to QA plans and defects in real time
- Real-time updates on the status of a story, its estimated time of delivery, and any risks that might delay the impending release
- Complete context of the customer requirement and visibility into codes written by the Development team & Test Cases written by QA team
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
With Azure DevOps + Micro Focus ALM integration, enterprises can:
- Make better and faster decisions
- Enhance collaboration between development & QA teams
- Real-time visibility into quality parameters & test results
- Ensure quality delivery in stipulated time
- Leverage the best of functionality and collaboration in the delivery ecosystem
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Azure DevOps and Micro Focus ALM
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Azure DevOps (Both Azure DevOps Server and Services, also known as TFS and VSTS) and Micro Focus ALM(Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘User Stories’ from Azure DevOps automatically synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM. The completion of the story and the status of test results in Micro Focus ALM against these user stories automatically synchronizes to Azure DevOps.
Steps to Integrate Azure DevOps and Micro Focus ALM
- Step 1: Configure Azure DevOps and Micro Focus ALM systems.
- Step 2: Configure the mapping.
- Step 2.1: Select the project and the Entities for mapping.
- Step 2.2: Map the fields of the selected entities.
- Step 3: Configure the integration.
- Step 4: Activate the integration.
Popularly synchronized entities
Benefits of integration for Azure DevOps and Micro Focus ALM users
Azure DevOps users
- No duplication of efforts for entering the same data in multiple systems
- Clear visibility into quality parameters, QA schedule, test cases, and test results
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
Micro Focus ALM users
- Real-time updates on the story and associated changes/enhancements
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
Get started with your Azure DevOps and Micro Focus ALM Integration today