The integration of Blueprint with CA SDM and CA Agile Central brings the business and product development teams together to accelerate product development and efficiently resolve customer issues.
Blueprint – CA SDM and CA Agile Central Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration brings in collective wisdom to take better decisions, faster.
Best-of-breed systems such as Blueprint, CA SDM, and CA Agile Central bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Blueprint with CA SDM and CA Agile Central, enterprises can keep the business and product development team focused on customer priorities and diminish collaboration barriers that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Blueprint – CA SDM – CA Agile Central integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Channelize defects or enhancement requests coming from customers in each system
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, product backlogs, tasks associated with the requirement
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint, CA SDM, and CA Agile Central
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint, CA Agile Central, and CA SDM – all three with each other in a bidirectional manner. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Blueprint automatically synchronize to CA Agile Central & CA SDM and all the entities and details associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Blueprint.
Popularly synchronized entities between Blueprint, CA Agile Central, and CA SDM
Use Case: Blueprint integration with CA Agile Central (RALLY) and CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM)
Problem statement: When the product management, IT service management, and development systems are not integrated, the teams must manually communicate for each request coming from the customer and that can be very time consuming.
Solution: When Blueprint, CA Agile Central, and CA SDM are integrated, a defect/enhancement request coming from the customer would be successfully channelized in each system.
- Customer logs a ticket in CA SDM.
- The support team identifies the ticket as an ‘enhancement request’.
- The ‘enhancement request’ synchronizes to Blueprint as a new ‘requirement’.
- The product management team, using Blueprint, fleshes out the details of the requirement after speaking to the customer.
- The product management team, then, defines the customer requirement in detail, suggests an estimated deadline, and adds the priority of the requirement as ‘Medium/Moderate’.
- The requirement from Blueprint along with all the details synchronizes to CA Agile Central and CA SDM.
- The development team, using CA Agile Central, breaks down the requirement into multiple feature stories, which in turn synchronize back to Blueprint.
Benefits of integration for Blueprint and CA Agile Central users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the development lifecycle
- Reduced dependency on manual communication for business decision making
Ca Agile Central & CA SDM users
- Access and real-time updates to the business requirements within Ca Agile Central & CA SDM
- Complete view into the business goals, logics, targets, and defects
- Automatic synchronization of development work & tickets to Blueprint saves time that would otherwise go in manual synchronization