The integration of VersionOne with ServiceNow helps the customer service and development teams communicate efficiently, in real time. This, in turn, helps resolve the customer issues faster.
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as VersionOne and ServiceNow bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating VersionOne with ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between development and customer service teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How VersionOne – ServiceNow integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With VersionOne and ServiceNow integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates VersionOne and ServiceNow
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates VersionOne and ServiceNow bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from ServiceNow automatically synchronize to VersionOne and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back to VersionOne.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: VersionOne integration ServiceNow
Problem statement: The support representative receives a ticket from a customer. As the problem is not known – the customer service representative passes it to development team. The development team is unable to comprehend customer’s problem due to insufficient information. The three-way communication between support, development, and customer goes for three days, before the development team understands the issue.
Solution: When the support and ALM systems are integrated, the tickets will automatically synchronize to the ALM system in a standard format, and the communication gap due to comprehension of different types of messages will be eliminated.
- The support team receives a ticket from the customer stating, “Encrypted files not going from my e-mail box”.
- The customer service representative identifies this as ‘problem’.
- The problem synchronizes to VersionOne as a ‘bug’.
- The development team analyzes the ‘bug’ and, as the resolution, shares a .exe file as an attachment, and asks the customer to run it.
- The development team also leaves a comment for the customer specifying steps to run the file.
- The customer runs the file and the encryption issues gets resolved. The customer confirms that the issue is now resolved.
- The development team changes the status of the ‘bug’ to ‘closed’. The change also reflects in ServiceNow, and the status of ‘problem’ changes to ‘resolved’.
Benefits of integration for VersionOne and ServiceNow users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within ServiceNow
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to VersionOne
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on customer issues and priorities