ServiceNow – Slack and TFS Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating ServiceNow and TFS with Slack, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between development and customer service teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How ServiceNow – Slack – TFS integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With ServiceNow + Slack + TFS enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ServiceNow, TFS, and Slack
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ServiceNow, TFS, and Slack seamlessly. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from ServiceNow automatically synchronize to Slack as cards with all the details. The backend team members using TFS also have access to cards in Slack. The details related to the entities discussed in the card also simultaneously synchronize to ServiceNow and TFS.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: ServiceNow integration with Slack and TFS integration
Problem statement: Service & support team raises an issue highlighted by the client to the back-end team via email. Someone in the back-end team resolves the issue but forgets to inform the service & support team that the highlighted issue has been resolved. As the client doesn’t get an update about the highlighted issue in the time agreed on the SLA, the client escalates this problem.
Solution: The issue got escalated because the service & support team and the back-end operations team failed to exchange the requisite information in time and pass it on to the client. This is a classic case of communication gap in a heterogeneous ecosystem, which can be resolved by introducing an effective integration solution.
- A customer faces an issue in resetting the password of a user and logs an ‘Incident’ ticket in ServiceNow.
- A support representative analyzes the issue and concludes that there is a defect in the product.
- OpsHub Integration Manager identifies the ‘Incident’ logged in ServiceNow and propagates it as ‘Defect’ in CA Agile Central.
- The backend team traces the ‘Incident’ ticket as ‘Defect’. All the details entered by the customer are visible to them.
- The backend team examines the defect, resolves it, and updates its status as ‘Fixed’.
- OpsHub Integration Manager communicates the change in the status of the ‘Defect’ to Service Now. The status of the ‘Incident’ in Service Now changes accordingly.
Benefits of integration for ServiceNow, TFS, and Slack users
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within ServiceNow
- Instant transfer of customer tickets related details to backend team
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on customer issues and priorities
TFS & Slack users
- Traceability for requirements/features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions