In this blog, you will learn about:
- Situation 1: When you need to upgrade the ecosystem
- Situation 2: When business processes change or upgrade
- Why you should consider OpsHub Integration Manager
Successful integration of the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem helps increase collaboration and effectiveness of the delivery ecosystem. As all teams have right information at the right time in the right format, the data can be analysed in its entirety to take wiser, well-thought decisions. However, a good integration solution does not only offer connectivity and collaboration for the current business processes, it also helps in future-proofing the product delivery and customer success ecosystem by simplifying the transition to modern systems and newer business circumstances.
In this article, you will learn how the right integration solution would simplify the process of system and process transition for an organization.
Situation 1: When you need to upgrade the ecosystem
Imagine yourself in the following situation.
Your current project management system does not support your newer, agile business processes. You want to a switch to a modern, agile system. However, due to multiple risks such as data loss, expected downtime, and the newer systems incompatibility with other systems in the ecosystem, you are hesitant to make this switch.
Now the situation described above is a common situation for every organization at an interval of 3-5 years. Systems become outdated, new processes come in place, and transitions, though necessary, come with a lot of hassle.
However, with the right integration solution, organizations can ensure that these transitions are smooth and hassle free. Are you wondering, how?
- You won’t have to worry about data loss or system downtime: A good integration solution must also act as a good migration solution. After all, migration is a subset of integration. An integration solution that ensures that data is successfully transferred from the old system to the new system ensures that older data is not lost or difficult to trace during transition. A solution that allows migration to happen while both the systems are in use also help organizations save the precious days lost in switching to a new system.
- You are free to choose any new system: As you are sure that your integration solution will help integrate your new system with rest of the ecosystem, you will not have to worry about system-to-system compatibility. So, when your business processes change or upgrade, you can choose the best-of-breed system of your choice and not depend upon a single vendor system for compatibility reasons.
When all the test cases pass, the QA team closest the requirement, while keeping the product team in loop for all these changes in real time.
Situation 2: When business processes change or upgrade
Imagine yourself in the following situation.
Your company is going to acquire three small companies. Each company uses a different project management system. You need data from all these systems in your system for compliance reasons. Also, from a coordination point of view, you need these companies to switch to the project management system that you are using.
With the right integration solution, it would be easier for companies to migrate the information for compliance requirements. You will also be able to simultaneously use all the project management systems until all organizations that you have acquired are familiar with the system of your choice.
- You won’t have to worry about compliance: A good integration solution will offer traceability for work-items as well as non-work items. Once you migrate the data to your system, you will be able to successfully access the historical information related to all the transactions that have happened in the past. This will easily help you fulfil even the most complex compliance regulations.
- You will not be forced to do a hard cut over: If you are free to use both old as well as new systems simultaneously, you can train the new workforce in batches to use the new system. To begin with you can migrate the non-business critical projects and once they are successfully transferred, you can switch to critical business projects. This would ensure that the acquisition is not disruptive for the business.
New technological advancements and innovative business processes keep any business ahead of its competitors. However, it is also imperative that these advancements are introduced in the organization in a way that they do not cause any chaos. A good integration solution plays a significant role in ensuring that these transitions are not only successful with zero downtime and least disruption.
Why you should consider OpsHub Integration Manager
OpsHub Integration Manager comes with all the features that will help you make a successful system as well as process transition. With the ability to integrate 50+ ALM, CRM, ITSM, and DevOps systems and features such as complete history preservation, failure management, conflict resolution, and automatic recover for in-flight failures, OpsHub Integration Manager ensures that your business is ready for all sorts of future transitions.
You can read about OpsHub Integration Manager in detail here.
Find out more about blogs from our team of integration & migration experts.