A major international shipping and logistics company was looking to modernize their quality management infrastructure to Azure DevOps. With the help of Tech Mahindra, the Customer found their answer in OpsHub Migration Manager (OMM). After a Proof of Concept (POC), the migration project was carried out over six months with ZERO downtime to migrate all test artifacts from the legacy test management tool to Azure DevOps.
- 1 Customer Leadership desired to leverage a modern, comprehensive platform like Azure DevOps.
- 2 Financially, the customer wanted to eliminate prohibitive license costs for a legacy ALM tool.
- 3 The model mismatch and process differences between the source tool and Azure DevOps required a thoughtful approach.
- 4 Need to migrate all testing artifacts across 96 projects to Azure DevOps Server (Also known as TFS).
Seamless Transition to Azure DevOps Leveraging Tech Mahindra’s Expertise and OpsHub Migration Manager (OMM)
After validation of OpsHub’s high-fidelity migration solution via a comprehensive POC, the production project was carried out in three waves to migrate 96 projects from the legacy test management system to Azure DevOps. With excellent communication and collaboration between the customer, Tech Mahindra and OpsHub, the migration project was implemented well within the scope and requirements resulting in a high-quality migration and validated project success.
- 96 projects and 1.9 million artifacts migrated
- High-fidelity migration regardless of the model mismatch between source and target
- Ability to use source system while migration was in progress (Zero downtime)
- Significant savings on legacy test management tool licenses
- Flawless communication and enhanced collaboration across Customer team and their partners (Tech Mahindra and OpsHub)
- Smooth and easy switchover with full access to historical data
❝OpsHub’s configuration and the quality of migration were quite impressive. The project was orchestrated smoothly without much rework. We had complete transparency and full support from the OpsHub team throughout the project. Our management team and OpsHub worked very closely to unify the multiple use cases across the project so that the end-user experience in the target system is intuitive and seamless.❞
– Balaji Nandakumar
Project Manager, Tech Mahindra
Zero Downtime Migration
We ensure that teams can continue to work in their tools while the migration is ongoing and cut over to the new tool when they are ready.
Complete Data Migration
We mean it! We offer the most complete and result oriented data migration. No data is left behind and compliance is taken care of too.
Factory approach to migration means the effort to migrate increases only marginally even if the number of projects increases from 1 to 1000.