- A 50-person team, located on east and west coasts of the United States.
- 10 simultaneous projects.
- Multiple ALM systems:
- Requirements: Manual entry into Microsoft Excel.
- Test Cases: SmartBear ALM Complete.
- Defects: Jira.
- Source Code Management: Subversion.
The Business Problem
Project data fragmented across disparate systems and not easily available in any single location.
- No traceability between Test Case failures and Defects.
- Quality teams unable to see changes being made by Development team.
- Difficult for Quality teams to provide feedback and defect reporting to Development team.
- Lack of communication and poor end-to-end visibility.
The OpsHub Solution
The OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) unified the MAXIMUS ALM ecosystem by connecting ALMComplete, Jira, and Subversion.
Bidirectional sychronization of Defects and Requirements between Jira and ALM Complete:
- New Defects entered into ALMComplete synch to Jira and become visible to the Development team.
- When Developmentteam fixes a defect and updates Jira, the new changes appear immediately in ALMComplete.
Full traceability of Source Code changes: Subversion check-ins are associated with a Jira ticket and create change records in ALMComplete for corresponding Defects and Requirements.
OpsHub Integration Manager unified MAXIMUS’ global ALM ecosystem.
- Full traceability of Defects and source code changes is available across all systems, with direct association between source code changes and Defects and Requirements.
- Quality teams have real-time and accurate visibility into the status of Defects resolution and Test counts.
- All data on Requirements, Test Cases, Source Code changes, and Defects is available on one system – SmartBear ALMComplete – at all locations.
Visibility, traceability, and communication all improved.
The OIM implementation integrated MAXIMUS’ disparate ALM systems seamlessly. OpsHub allowed the Development and Quality teams to each continue using their preferred ALM tools and still improved the speed and efficiency of communication.
Enhanced visibility and traceability gave team members more information and richer context and thus enabled them to make better decisions faster. Collaboration improved and team productivity increased.
“OpsHub enables real-time collaboration between distributed quality and development teams while allowing each team to use the tools best suited for their tasks. We don’t have to compromise between collaboration and effectiveness – so we can deliver better quality products faster.” – Manoj Juneja, Senior Manager, Software Applications, MAXIMUS