Zendesk – GitHub – Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Zendesk, GitHub and VersionOne bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. When GitHub is integrated with VersionOne and Zendesk, all stakeholders have real-time visibility into the commits made by the development team. It is also easier to enforce authentic commits against each work item, and access the changes/edits made to the commit files from VersionOne itself.
How Zendesk – GitHub – Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track commit volume, track commit trends and edits/changes to commit files in real time
- Enforce authentic commits to make sure each commit is happening against a scheduled and open workitem
- Eliminate manual effort to close VersionOne & Zendesk workitems by automating the state transition on GitHub commit
With Zendesk + GitHub + Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Zendesk, GitHub and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne)
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Zendesk with GitHub and VersionOne bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context,in real-time. All the details related to a commit made against a work-item in VersionOne can be tracked from VersionOne itself. For example, for each commit that development team makes in GitHub, GitHub synchronizes a ‘commit entity’ linked to the specific requirement id back to VersionOne. Each ‘commit entity’ includes information such as ‘who did the commit?’, ‘when was the commit done?’, and ‘which part of the code was committed?’. The support team, using Zendesk, is also up-to-date with the status of a ticket (incident, problem, or defect) raised by a customer.
Entities that can be synchronized between Zendesk, GitHub and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne)
Use Case: Zendesk Integration with GitHugb and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne)
Problem statement: Lack of commit traceability means development and support teams must manually update their systems after successful commit against a workitem.
Solution: If VersionOne, GitHub, and Zendesk are integrated using OpsHub Integration Manager, the build results will be automatically synchronized to all the integrated systems.
- A support team member logs an incident in Zendesk.
- The development team traces it as a ‘defect’ in VersionOne.
- The development team works on the ‘defect’ in VersionOne and commits the changes against the ‘defect’ in GitHub.
- OpsHub Integration Manager synchronizes the commit information to VersionOne as a ‘change set’ in the associated defect.
- The change also reflects in Zendesk.
Benefits of integration for Zendesk, GitHub and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) users
Zendesk & GitHub users
- Access and real-time updates to the development status within Zendesk
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to VersionOne
- No dependency on manual communication to Easy to trace relationship between various work entities
Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Direct visibility into customer issues and their priorities
- No dependency on manual communication