Cadence vManager Integration with IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
Verification engineers in pre-silicon functional validation require high traceability and cross-functional data updates for accurate and faster verification closure. Similarly, product managers need clear visibility in the verification of goals and verification results, implementation of requirements and change requests to make informed decisions. Manual methods of exchanging information across tools and teams don’t scale well and often lead to errors, communication gaps and duplicated or missed work. Product owners and verification engineers need an automated, accurate and real-time method of syncing data across tools such as IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next and Cadence vManager to ensure teams have the relevant information, right priorities in the tool of their choice.
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) enables bi-directional integration for IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next and Cadence vManager resulting in improved communication between product owners and verification engineers. All the requirements from IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next synchronize to vManager. Likewise, the verification progress and results sync back to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next from Cadence vManager.
Cadence vManager : From 20.06 and above
IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next : 6.0.6, 7.0.1 and 7.0.2
Verification with Enhanced Traceability and Planning
- Real-time visibility into the updates in Functional Requirement and its dependencies or child items, without manually importing excels
- Decrease effort leakage by avoiding stale requirement records
- Eliminate subjectivity associated with complex, disparate sets of data
- Full traceability for requirements throughout the verification lifecycle
- Clear visibility into quality parameters and verification results
- Wiser decision-making based on actual test results
Cadence vManager Integration with IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next Use Case
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) enables end-to-end traceability between Cadence vManager and IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next (Formerly known as IBM DOORS NG) helping requirements management and verification teams sync changes effortlessly from one system to another:
Firstly, the product manager creates a “Functional Requirement” and its “Child Functional Requirement” in IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next , which gets synchronized to Cadence vManager as Section and Sub-section.
The verification engineer starts the verification planning and creates tests (Two Metrics Port Test Cases) in Cadence vManager under the Sub-Section synchronized from IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next.
The product manager marks the status of Child Functional Requirement as “To be Verified” once its ready for verification.
- The Child Functional Requirement will get synchronized to vManager and the sub-section’s status will be marked as ‘Active’ so that the verification engineer can start the verification process.
The verification engineer executes the verification run, and based on this run, Grade Attributes are generated (For Metrics Port Test Cases) and rolled up (for Sub-Sections/sections)
Using a vPlan script, Grade Attributes are preserved in vPlan database for Section, Sub-section and are synced back to DOORS Next’s Parent Functional Requirement and Child Functional Requirement.
- Thus, Product manager has the visibility of the verification results for the Functional Requirements
Finally, the verification engineer marks the Section and the Sub- section as “Approved” which gets synchronized to DOORS Next. Similarly, the Parent, Child Functional Requirements’ status is marked as “Verified.” in DOORS Next.
Cadence vManager Integration with IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next Using OpsHub Integration Manager
- Cadence vManager integrates with IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next bi-directionally
- The synchronization ensures all historical and current data is available to users in real-time in their preferred environment with full context
- All work items from Cadence vManager sync automatically to with IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next and all requirement entities and details synchronize back to Cadence vManager from IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
- All the information you need in real-time is in your preferred tool. No manual dependencies or human errors
OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) bridges the information gap in semiconductor testing and verification. OIM replaces the need for manual mapping of requirements with automated sync of data between verification teams and requirements teams. Achieve better collaboration, reduce manufacturing delays and compliance risks by integrating changes in real-time from Cadence vManager to IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next or vice-versa.
Why OpsHub Integration Manager?
- Guaranteed data consistency
- Full traceability of requirements
- History preservation in the integrated systems
- Robust failure recovery capabilities
- Built-in conflict resolution between source and target
- Deployment flexibility (On-premise or Cloud)