Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) – qTest – Jenkins Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Digital.ai Agility, qTest Manager, and Jenkins help enterprises keep the business and product development team focused on customer priorities, quality of delivery, and also, help automate some steps in the delivery process to accelerate the delivery cycle.
How Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) – qTest – Jenkins integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Accelerate delivery cycle by automating some test process
- Access to QA plans and defects in real time
- Real-time updates on the status of a story, its estimated time of delivery, and any risks that might delay the impending release
- Complete context of the customer requirement and visibility into codes written by the development team & test cases written by QA team
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
With Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) + qTest Manager + Jenkins integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne), qTest Manager, and Jenkins
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility, qTest Manager, and Jenkins – all the three systems with each other bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘stories’ from Digital.ai Agility automatically synchronize to qTestManager and all defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Digital.ai Agility. Jenkins helps in triggering certain automated quality checks in the ecosystem before the a user story/feature is committed.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) integration with qTest Manager and Jenkins
Problem statement: The QA team wants to automate some of the testing process before source code commit.
Solution: With Digital.ai Agility getting integrated with Jenkins and qTest Manager, the QA team will be able to run specific test/regression suits after completion of a user story/feature and before it is committed.
- An automation script for quality testing is written in Jenkins which is supposed to run when any ‘defect’ in qTest Manager is marked ‘resolved’.
- The quality control team runs test case on a ‘defect’ and marks it ‘resolved’.
- Jenkins, automatically, runs the scheduled test on the ‘defect’.
- The test results are synchronized to qTest Manager irrespective of whether the test is successful or not.
- Based on the test result, the developer would know whether to the trigger the build or not.
Benefits of integration for Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) integration and qTest Manager
Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) users
- Visibility into QA schedule and test cases in advance
- Complete context of the defects and their severity
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
qTest Manager users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within qTest Manager
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
Check Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) integration with other systems
Digital.ai Agility – TFVC – ServiceNowDigital.ai Agility – TFVC – JenkinsDigital.ai Agility – Azure DevOps (VSTS)Digital.ai Agility – Azure DevOps Server (TFS)Digital.ai Agility – Subversion – JIRADigital.ai Agility – Helix ALMDigital.ai Agility – SalesforceDigital.ai Agility – JIRADigital.ai Agility – Micro Focus ALM/QCDigital.ai Agility – ServiceNowDigital.ai Agility – GitHub – ZendeskDigital.ai Agility – DOORS NG