Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Jira Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Digital.ai Agility and Jira bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Digital.ai Agility with Jira, the product management team will have real-time visibility into the development plan as well as the progress of each requirement. It will also give developers clarity on business requirements and customer expectations.
How Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown and associated test cases
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports
With Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Jira integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Jira
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Digital.ai Agility and Jira bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘backlog items’ from Digital.ai Agility along with ‘actuals’ synchronize to Jira giving the development team visibility into the development work and estimated effort hours. The product management team using Digital.ai Agility also has real-time visibility into the progress of the development work; and therefore, they can plan the iterations better.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) integration with Jira
Problem statement: The project management and development team are using Digital.ai Agility as a project management system and Jira as a development system. If these two systems are not synchronized, the Project Manager doesn’t have clear visibility into efforts taken to complete a task, status of a task, and similar details to plan incoming customer requests.
Solution: When Jira and Digital.ai Agility are integrated, the Project Manager will have real time visibility into the work of development team, which in turn will improve the overall planning and estimation process.
- The Project Manager logs a ‘user story’ in Digital.ai Agility.
- The ‘user story’ synchronizes to Jira.
- The development team breaks the ‘user stories’ into ‘tasks’ in Jira and log their effort hours.
- The ‘tasks’ in Jira are synchronized to ‘Actuals’ in Digital.ai Agility, which is the effort tracking entity.
- The Project Manager, therefore, has clear and real-time visibility into how the development work is progressing.
Benefits of integration for Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) and Jira users
Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work & the QA cycle
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within Jira
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status