The integration of VersionOne with HP Quality Center (QC) makes it easier for the development and quality assurance (QA) teams to collaborate with each other.
This, in turn, helps in delivering a high quality product to customers at a faster pace.
VersionOne HPQC Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as VersionOne and HP ALM/QC bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. Integration of VersionOne with HP ALM/QC ensures that the development and QA teams are on the same page when it comes to delivery timelines and have complete visibility into each other’s tasks.
How VersionOne – HPQC integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown, associated test cases, and defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) plans and reports
With VersionOne + HP ALM/QC integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates VersionOne and HP ALM/QC
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates VersionOne and HP ALM/QC bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The release and cycle, test cases, defects in HP ALM/QC can be accessed by the development team from VersionOne itself. The QA team also gets real-time visibility into the plans, schedule, and progress of a story.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: VersionOne integration with HPQC
Problem statement: The development team and quality control team are not able to coordinate on timelines and the issues are falling through the cracks.
Solution: When VersionOne is integrated with HPQC, both quality and development will have visibility into each other’s schedule and the coordination will become seamless.
- The quality control team creates ‘defect’ in HPQC after a testing a ‘use case’.
- The ‘defect’ along with associated details gets synchronized to VersionOne.
- The development team edits the corresponding defect in VersionOne and defines a ‘resolution date’. This detail synchronizes to HPQC.
- The quality control team writes a ‘test case’ against the defect and plans the test as per the timelines, which also synchronizes to VersionOne.
- When the ‘defect’ is resolved, the development team marks the ‘defect’ as resolved.
Benefits of integration for VersionOne and HP ALM/QC users
- Visibility into QA schedule and test cases in advance
- Complete context of the defects and their severity
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
HP ALM/QC users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within HPQC
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep backend teams updated on the QA cycle and reports