VersionOne DOORS NG Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as IBM Rational DOORS NG and VersionOne bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating IBM Rational DOORS NG and VersionOne, the development teams will have real-time visibility into business requirements, and the product management teams will be able to trace all user stories and test cases associated with the requirement. As the overall collaboration in the ecosystem would increase, enterprises will deliver better quality products to customers at a faster pace.
How VersionOne – DOORS NG integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track the estimated and actual development effort
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, tasks, sub-tasks associated with the requirement
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With VersionOne + IBM Rational DOORS NG integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates VersionOne and IBM Rational DOORS NG
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates VersionOne and IBM Rational DOORS NG bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from IBM Rational DOORS NG automatically synchronize to VersionOne as a ‘story’ and all the entities and details associated with the ‘story’ synchronize back to IBM Rational DOORS NG.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: VersionOne integration with IBM Rational DOORS NG
Problem statement: A Product Manager has to call/send emails to each team working on a ‘requirement’ to track the status of their work. Any miss from any teams can have serious implications.
Solution: If DOORS NG and VersionOne are integrated, the priorities of the requirement will automatically synchronize to the development team.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘requirement’ for an additional feature requested by the customer in DOORS NG.
- The Product Manager describes the requirement, possible use case, and priority of the ‘requirement’ in DOORS NG, and assigns it to the development team lead.
- The ‘requirement’ synchronizes to VersionOne along with the details defined in DOORS NG.
- The changed status of ‘requirement’ reflects in DOORS NG as well. The Product Manager knows that the development team has started work on the ‘requirement’.
- When the development team develops the requested feature, and tests it against the defined test case, it updates the status of the ‘requirement’ as ‘complete’ in VersionOne.
- The Product Manager is, then, automatically notified in DOORS NG that the ‘requirement’ is completed.
Benefits of integration for VersionOne and IBM Rational DOORS NG users
- Complete context of the business requirements
- Real-time updates for any changes to the requirements or delivery timelines
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status
IBM Rational DOORS NG users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout
the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for
making business decisions
Check VersionOne integration with other systems
VersionOne – TFVC – ServiceNowVersionOne – TFVC – JenkinsVersionOne – Azure DevOps (VSTS)VersionOne – TFSVersionOne – Subversion – JIRAVersionOne – Helix ALMVersionOne – SalesforceVersionOne – JIRAVersionOne – Micro Focus ALMQCVersionOne – ServiceNowVersionOne – GitHub – ZendeskVersionOne – qTest – Jenkins