SwiftKanban JIRA Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements. Best-of-breed systems such as SwiftKanban and JIRA bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem.
By integrating SwiftKanban and JIRA, the development teams will have real-time visibility into business requirements, and the product management teams will be able to trace all user stories and test cases associated with the requirement. As the overall collaboration in the ecosystem would increase, enterprises will deliver better quality products to customers at a faster pace.
How SwiftKanban – JIRA integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Powerful visual representation of the delivery ecosystem
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, tasks, sub-tasks associated with a requirement
- Get complete context of the business requirements and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With SwiftKanban + JIRA integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates SwiftKanban and JIRA
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates SwiftKanban and JIRA bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘cards’ from ‘SwiftKanban automatically synchronize to JIRA and all the issues and details associated with the ‘cards’ synchronize back to SwiftKanban.
Entities that can be synchronized between SwiftKanban and JIRA
Use Case: SwiftKanban integration with JIRA
Problem statement: The product management team uses SwiftKanban and the development team uses JIRA. However, as these systems are not synchronized, the product management team doesn’t have visibility into how the development work is progressing.
Solution: When SwiftKanban and JIRA are integrated, the coordination between the product management team and development team will be seamless. The product management team, using SwiftKanban, can use the powerful visual representation ability of SwiftKanban for easier comprehension of work progress across the delivery ecosystem.
- The Product Manager creates a user story card in SwiftKanban. The Product Manager adds the description of the story.
- The card synchronizes to JIRA as a story.
- The development team breaks down the story into ‘tasks’.
- The backend team traces the ‘Incident’ ticket as ‘Defect’. All the details entered by the customer are visible to them.
- The tasks synchronize to the corresponding user story card in SwiftKanban along with details such as estimated delivery dates.
- The priorities of the tasks also change in JIRA.
- The development team starts work on the tasks and change the status of the task to ‘In Progress’ in JIRA, the status of tasks within SwiftKanban changes as well.
- Once all the tasks are completed, the development team changes the status of the story to ‘completed’. The corresponding user story card in SwiftKanban also moves to the ‘completed’ column.
Benefits of integration for SwiftKanban and JIRA users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions
- Complete context of the business requirements
- Real-time updates for any changes to the requirements or delivery timelines
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status