The integration of ServiceNow with CA Agile Central (RALLY) gives real-time visibility to the development and customer support teams visibility into each other’s work.
With this kind of visibility, the coordination between the teams become easier and customer issues are resolved faster.
ServiceNow CA Agile Central Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster.
By integrating CA Agile Central with ServiceNow, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between development and customer service teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and ﬁnancial loss.
How ServiceNow – CA Agile Central integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With ServiceNow + CA Agile Central integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ServiceNow and CA Agile Central
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ServiceNow and CA Agile Central bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tickets’ from ServiceNow automatically synchronize to CA Agile Central and all the entities and details associated with the ‘tickets’ synchronize back to CA Agile Central.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: ServiceNow integration with CA Agile Central integration
Problem statement: Service & support team raises an issue highlighted by the client to the back-end team via email. Someone in the back-end team resolves the issue but forgets to inform the service & support team that the highlighted issue has been resolved. As the client doesn’t get an update about the highlighted issue in the time agreed on the SLA, the client escalates this problem.
Solution: The issue got escalated because the service & support team and the back-end operations team failed to exchange the requisite information in time and pass it on to the client. This is a classic case of communication gap in a heterogeneous ecosystem, which can be resolved by introducing an effective integration solution.
Note: In the use case given below, ServiceNow is the support system and CA Agile Central is the development system.
- A customer faces an issue in resetting the password of a user and logs an ‘incident’ ticket in ServiceNow.
- A support representative logs a problem and associates it with the incident (Note: when a problem is logged and associated to an incident, the status of the incident automatically sets to awaiting problem).
- OpsHub Integration Manager identifies the ‘problem’ logged in ServiceNow and replicates it to CA Agile Central as a ‘defect’.
- The development team then schedules the defect as per their priorities. (Note: Customer at this stage also has visibility into the status and schedule of their problem.)
- Development team and support team collaborating real time through work notes and attachments to minimize any delay caused due to communication lag.
- Development team resolves the defect in CA Agile Central. The status for the problem also gets replicated in ServiceNow and the associated incident is automatically closed. Customer gets a notification that their problem is resolved.
Beneﬁts of integration for ServiceNow and CA Agile Central
- Access to the business requirements and associated updates from within ServiceNow
- Easy to categorize and transfer customer tickets to CA Agile Central
- No manual eﬀorts needed to keep backend teams updated on customer issues and priorities
CA Agile Central users
- Traceability for requirements/features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions