Salesforce CA Agile Central Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as CA Agile Central and Salesforce bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating CA Agile Central with Salesforce, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between the technical and customer-facing teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How Salesforce – CA Agile Central (RALLY) integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer issues and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
With Salesforce + CA Agile Central (RALLY) integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Salesforce and CA Agile Central (RALLY)
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates CA Agile Central and Salesforcebidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available toeach user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All‘ideas’ or any similar custom entity from Salesforce automaticallysynchronize to CA Agile Central and all the entities and details associatedwith the custom entity synchronize back to CA Agile Central.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Salesforce integration with CA Agile Central RALLY
Problem statement: The service/support team in an organization uses Salesforce and the product development team uses CA Agile Central. As these systems are not integrated, it becomes cumbersome for the service/support team to follow up with backend team on each case.
Solution: If Salesforce and CA Agile Central are integrated, the service/support team will not have to manually keep following with the product development team about each case and they can keep the customer up-to-date all the time.
- The support team logs an ‘enhancement request’ in Salesforce.
- The ‘enhancement request’ synchronizes to CA Agile Central as a ‘user story’ with status ‘New’. The Project Manager using CA Agile Central approves the enhancement request.
- The development team lead assigns a delivery date for the ‘user story’ and breaks the user story into multiple tasks.
- The delivery date & associated tasks synchronize in Salesforce as well. The support/service team is, therefore, updated with the due delivery date.
- The development team starts work on the user story, tests it, and marks it as ‘complete’.
Benefits of integration for Salesforce and CA Agile Central (RALLY) users
- Access to the updates coming from development team on customer requirements from within Salesforce
- Easy to categorize and prioritize customer requests for backend teams
- No manual efforts needed to keep project & engineering teams updated on customer issues and priorities
CA Agile Central (RALLY) users
- Traceability for customer requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer issues and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions