Micro Focus ALM / QC (Formerly known as HP ALM / QC)
- 10.0*, 11.0, 11.5, 11.5x, 12.0, 12.2, 12.5, 12.52, 12.53, 12.55, 12.6, 15.x
Micro Focus ALM Octane (Formerly known as HP ALM Octane)
Digital.ai Agility (Formerly known as VersionOne)
- 10.x to 20.x
Micro Focus ALM – Digital.ai Agility Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Micro Focus (Formerly known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) and Digital.ai Agility(Formerly VersionOne) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. Integration of Micro Focus ALM with Digital.ai Agility ensures that the Development and QA teams are on the same page when it comes to delivery timelines and has complete visibility into each other’s tasks.
How Micro Focus ALM – Digital.ai Agility Integration is Beneficial for an Enterprise
- Trace the Requirement breakdown, associated Test Cases, and Defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) plans and reports
With Micro Focus ALM + Digital.ai Agility Integration, Enterprises Can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager Integrates Micro Focus ALM and Digital.ai Agility
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus ALM (Formerly known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) and Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The release and cycle, Test Cases, Defects in Micro Focus ALM can be accessed by the Development team from Digital.ai Agility itself. The QA team also gets real-time visibility into the plans, schedule, and progress of a story.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Micro Focus ALM Integration with Digital.ai Agility
Problem statement: The Development team and Quality Control team are not able to coordinate on timelines and the issues are falling through the cracks.
Solution: When Digital.ai Agility (Formerly VersionOne) is integrated with Micro Focus ALM (Formerly known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane), both Quality and Development teams will have visibility into each other’s schedule and the coordination will become seamless.
- The Quality Control team creates ‘defect’ in Micro Focus ALM after a testing a ‘Use Case’.
- The ‘Defect’ along with associated details gets synchronized to Digital.ai Agility.
- The Development team edits the corresponding defect in Digital.ai Agility and defines a ‘resolution date’. This detail synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM.
- The Quality Control team writes a ‘test case’ against the defect and plans the test as per the timelines, which also synchronizes to Digital.ai Agility.
- When the ‘defect’ is resolved, the development team marks the ‘defect’ as resolved.
Benefits of Integration for Micro Focus ALM and Digital.ai Agility Users
Micro Focus ALM Users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep back-end teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
Digital.ai Agility Users
- Visibility into QA schedule and test cases in advance
- Complete context of the defects and their severity
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions